Adventure #9: Part 1: Bobby The Milk Covered Sleepwalker

Start from the beginning

I try avoiding Dexter as much as possible because Cynthia is always with him and I don't want to have to see or talk to her. I need to somehow get Dexter to see the real her. It will hurt him but it'll also open his eyes to the fact she hasn't changed at all.

I haven't seen Dillon around here lately. I don't know what he's up to but it sure must be fun.

Charlie spends his days reading now or swimming. Either way he's trying to keep the location he's staying in a secret from the tabloids. That means he can't really go out much but I'm not complaining since I can see him in the pool from my window. It's a nice view I must admit.

"This is the most bored I've been in weeks." I said to myself and got off my bed. "Time for a three in the morning snack."

I put on my comfy slippers and walked towards my bedroom door. I tried being as quiet as possible as I walked down the hallway and down the stairs. The kitchen light was still on so it was less scary than walking in the dark.

I walked over to the fridge and my stomach growled when I saw the chocolate fudge cake. I took it out and cut the entire cake in half. I picked the half that looked the biggest as my three in the morning snack and put the rest of it back in the fridge. I poured myself a glass of milk and sat on the barstool eating my cake. I love cake. Yum. But not as much as cherry lollipops though. I love cake after the cherry lollipops.

Chocolate fudge cake and milk must be the key to making me sleepy because next thing I knew I was opening my eyes to sunlight coming in through the kitchen window. I lifted the right side of my face off the plate and felt my cheek covered in cake. Before I could even clean it off someone walked into the kitchen and froze when they saw me.

"Hi." I told Ethan who stood there looking at me like I was an alien. "I fell asleep eating cake at three in the morning. What time is it anyways? I don't want anyone else seeing me like this because Bobby could totally use this as blackmail. Dexter will just think it's funny."

"It's seven in the morning and nobody is awake yet." Ethan said slowly walking into the kitchen.

"I don't bite kid." I said as I got off the barstool and stretched. Sleeping in a barstool is so not comfortable. "What are you doing up so early anyways?"

"I'm trying to get fit so I've been going on a morning run these past few days." He said sincerely and he seemed as surprised as I that he wasn't lying. "I'm just tired of the guys in my school being stronger than me. They think they can push me around."

I put the pieces together very quickly and there was a long silence. It wasn't quite awkward perhaps but it was weird since we were just staring at each other.

"Does Charlie know?" I asked.

"No." Ethan said and we continued just looking into each others eyes. "I don't want him to think he has to go and deal with the people bothering me. I can take care of myself."

"I know a thing or two about people misjudging you. That's all anyone ever did to me throughout high school." I said not breaking eye contact. "They wouldn't say things to my face but I heard them. Their words still hurt and I can still hear their voices. They thought I was a weirdo for being happy and energetic all the time. Some said I was on some sort of drug and others thought I was a freak."

Ethan walked over and sat on a barstool. "What did you do about it?" He asked and I knew this kid needed someone to talk to and that someone was going to be me.

I sat next to him. "I did nothing." I said honestly.

"Then how did they stop?" He asked.

"They never did but I never let them see how much their words hurt. If I let them see then that meant they were winning. I knew everything they said was false so I ignored them and focused in my classes, friends, and family. They were just trying to put me down but I didn't let them."