Chapter 34

“Are you done changing, Leon?”
“No, Callum, I... cannot.”
“You can’t? You can’t what?”
“I cannot... show, to you.” I heard his voice get more quiet.
“Leon, of course you can. Whatever’s wrong, it’s fine, just let me see, okay?”
“No,” he said, as I pressed against the door to hear him. “I look... stupid.”
“Leon, I’m going to be honest with you,” I said. “You are the most attractive boy I have ever met. If you can see me, on the sofa, in complete relaxation, with double chin and stomach rolls and all, I don’t think anything you could do could make you look stupid in comparison.” I smiled. “Don’t worry, okay?”
I almost fell forward as he pulled the door open, slowly, and as my eyes moved up it reminded me of one of those Hollywood romcom scenes where the boy sees the girl in a dress and without the glasses or tied up hair, like she’s a completely different person.

Because... he really did look like one. With a black top that cut off just above his belly button and a high-waisted, tartan patterned skirt that started just under it, and long, thigh high socks, leaving just little strips of slightly paler skin compared to his arms. I also noticed he had a little amount of makeup on – darker lips, blushed lips, and little winged lines above his eyes – and he just looked...
“You’re beautiful,” I said, not realising it was out loud until it had come out, but God knows it was the only thing I could think. “So, so beautiful.”
I looked back up at his face, and I saw he had his shoulders scrunched up to his cheeks, his eyes down and his fingers fumbling with each other. “Do not lie, Callum,” he whispered. “Please.”
“I’m not, Leon,” I said, and though I wanted nothing more than to just pin him against the wall and make out right then and there, I chose to gently hold his hands, instead. “You look great. I promise. Now let’s go, okay? Before it gets too cold or dark.” He nodded, and I pressed on his shoulders. “Come on, relax. Don’t want to ruin all you’ve done to that wonderful face, is it?”
He smiled, widely, showing his teeth. “You are too sweet, Callum,” he smiled. “You are so handsome, you make my face become hot.”
“Alright, well, I feel like we’re just going to stay here forever complimenting each other and getting embarrassed, so let’s take those puppies out for a bit of a run, is it?”
“Yes,” he chuckled. “I want to do that.”

-

(A/N: Hey! So actually I think I'm going to end this story in about two chapters time! I was going to add more but I think that it's nicer to end it off where I have. Hope you like the rest!)