Trust No One- Not Even Your Best Friend

Warning: This story is a lot more deep than most of my stories, and emotional people might have a hard time reading this. But anyways,

This one also happened when I was about 10, just like my last story. I had a rough time back then with scammers and bullies.

Once upon a time, I had a buddy. (Not going to say her username) She was real nice to me, and we hanged out every day. When the adventures came out, we only did them together, and with no one else. We were real good friends, and we would give each other gifts all the time. I honestly thought that she was my best friend, and life was actually pretty good for once, not constantly biting me in the neck. Since we were constantly spending time with each other every day, I trusted her pretty well and never thought that our entire friendship was actually a set up for a scam since the beginning.

One day, I went on Animal Jam, and like usual, she was online. I went to her den, and we had a little fashion show with each other where we would see who could dress up better than the other person based on the theme. I always let her win, though, and we had a pretty good time. After doing this for a bit, I just remembered that I managed to trade myself a golden dragon glove the day before. I said "Guess what!" and she said "What?" I told her, "I got a golden dragon glove yesterday! :D" She responded with "WOW!! :DDD Can I see it?" and I said "Sure!" and put it on my Animal. She seemed thoroughly impressed with it and was complimenting me quite a lot.

The next day, I logged on, and she was online, yet again. I went to her den, and she asked if we could play a game. I asked her which game. She said, "Trust trading?" Even then, I knew that trust trading was huge then, since there was no second message making sure you wanted to trade your crap away at the time. But, since she was my best friend and I trusted her a lot, I agreed to it anyway. First, she traded me her best items, and then I accepted and gave it back. Then it was my turn. We went back and forth for a while until I put up a pretty big offer- My golden lava glove, a rare spike, a rare lion plushie, and a rare bow- all my rarest items. (Which were all extremely rare items at the time since there was only 2 adventures that were released, and both didn't give you anything even worth doing the adventure for.) She accepted my items and was supposed to trade back, but then a couple minutes passed and she didn't respond. At first, I kept thinking "She's my best friend, she'll give it back." But as more time went on, I started to second guess myself. I remember thinking to myself after doubting she'll give it back, "Don't be such an idiot, of course she'll give it back. She's my best friend, shame on you." But, of course, it became around 3 minutes of her not responding, and I finally asked her, "Are you still there?" and she told me "You fell for it! Finally!" I was a little panicked, but more confused than anything, and I asked her, "What?" She then began to tell me how when she even met me for the first time, she saw how I had a whole bunch of rare items and planned to scam me since day one. She said she was always jealous on how fast I could get her dream items and how I didn't deserve any of them. She said that people would always tell her no, but tell me yes, and that people were just plain unfair. Every word she said kinda killed my 10 year old self. I told her, "But... I could've just given you items.." and she said "But you would've never given me your golden lava glove! Or any of those items that were worth that much!" At that point, I probably would've if she just asked. And then she unbuddied me and logged off. 

At my computer, I was in such a state confusion and guilt, wondering what I possibly could've done wrong to make her do that, only realizing that she never really was my friend, I just logged off and walked into the bathroom, not only miserable that I lost my best items, but absolutely devastated that I lost the best friend that I never even had in the first place. I was completely torn up after this event, but I went on the next day to see her online, probably trading all my items away on some different server, and then I logged off. For about a month I logged on everyday to search up her name, see she was online, and then logging off, feeling quite terrible. Eventually, she did stop logging on. Animal Jam must not have interested her much anymore. I was pretty sure I would never see her again, which I guess wouldn't really have affected things much, except about a year later, I was walking in Jamaa Township, when I happened to spot someone that looked a lot like her. When I clicked her name tag, my guess was correct. It was her, and she hadn't changed her animal since. I wasn't sure how she would react to seeing me again, so I just left. But, about 5 minutes later, I got a jam-a-gram from her. When I first received it, I was almost scared to open it, but I did anyway. I was expecting some kind of hate message or something, but it wasn't. It was an apology? She wrote to me that despite how she scammed me and told me that she was never my friend, I was the only friend she ever looked forward to seeing each day, and that I was the nicest person she's ever met. She said that she was just angry at people for treating her so terribly all the time, and that she was sorry for using me as an outlet for that. She also said that once she unbuddied me, Animal Jam got very boring without anyone to hang out with or anything to look forward to, so she just quit playing altogether. She then told me that if I was willing to forgive her again, she would be happy to buddy me again. Right when I was done reading it, she sent me a buddy request. I could've just declined it, but when she told me that she was never my friend back a year ago, I was ever since perfectly willing to be her friend, even though she scammed me. So I accepted it, and she went to my den and told me how sorry she was, and that if she didn't trade everything she stole from me, she would've given it right back. But it wasn't really the items I was worried about. I told her that everything was fine, and that her scamming me really hadn't changed a thing. Shortly after her apology, she had to log off. I told her bye, but I had a feeling that it was probably for the last time. She never logged on since. Bittersweet ending, I know. But everything's just kinda like that.

Crap this wasn't in the least bit funny. Oh well, I guess I'll just say to myself as I'm walkin' down the street back home from Taco Bell,

"Vhat a disappointment to the fam you are, lad."

                                                                                                -Me April 4th, 2018 7:16 PM or 19:16 Military Time