Chapter 1 (Edited)

~Lilia Gwinn~

I've lived in the same foster house for the last 17 years. Taking a beating for doing something wrong every day, I even got one for doing homework.

Like wtf, the man doesn't know how to stay sober for long. He gets abusive when he drinks. I can't stand him. He has broken my arms twice.

But my name is Lilia Gwinn, I'm 16 years old my birthday is in one day. I have long black hair that comes to my butt, my hair is straight. I have a curvy body with nicely sized breast and a nice butt. My eyes are crystal blue. I'm also 5'2. My birthday is July 10th. I'm going to be in 11th grade when the summer is over.

I don't know anything about my birth parents besides that they are dead. I'm all alone beside my foster mother, foster father, and my little foster sister.

But anyway it's still summer. I don't want the school to come because I get bullied by the popular kids, they call me ugly, nerd, stupid, etc.

It's 6:30 in the morning when I get up. I go straight to the bathroom to take a shower. Once I'm out, I go to my closet and pick a black tank top and my favorite blue yoga pants. I put on my high tops.

When I'm done it's 7:15 so I run down the steps to make breakfast as always. I got to the fridge to get the eggs and bacon out.

I go to the stove to start cooking. Once I'm done I make a plate for my foster father and my foster sister when they sit down at the table.

"Good morning," I said. My foster father is 6'1 with blond hair. He has dark green eyes. His name is Jack and he is about in his 40's.

"Morning" my foster dad says grumbling.

My foster mother is never around because she is out mostly partying with friends.

"Morning" my foster sister said.

She's about 5 now. Only 3'3 tall with short brown hair with light brown eyes. Her name is Jade.

I wait till both of them are done eating so I can clean up.

"What do you want Lilia?" Jack asks

"I was wondering if I could take jade to the park for a little?" I asked.

"Okay, you can go but I want you two back here in three hours no later. Here's some money for groceries too." Jack says getting up from his seat to leave.

"Thank you" I say. I washed and dried the dishes before putting them away.

Once Jack leaves the house I tell Jade "Go get ready."

I ran to my room to grab my cheap phone. I walk back to wait for Jade.

"Jade come on" I yell down the hallway for Jade to hear me.

"Alright, I'm coming" Jade yells back.

She walks down the hall and takes hold of my hand as we walk to the park. We live in a small town that has a forest mostly around it.

As we walk I start to feel like someone is watching us walk but everyone is having fun, and not paying any mind to us as I thought.

It takes up 10 minutes to get to the park. When we get there, only about 5 or 6 kids were playing around.

"Jade, go play I'm going to sit under the tree in the shad watching you play" I say

"Okay I will" she says running off to the jungle gym.

"Stay where I can see you please" I yell to her even though I'm pretty sure she's not listening to me.

As I watch her play like a mother would do, I start to wonder why Jade ended up in foster care.

Time goes by fast when I realize it's time for us to leave.

"Jade come on we have to leave now" I say. She comes up running to me

"Okay, I'm coming." Jade says yelling from the swings.

"Did you have fun?" I ask her while we start walking to head to the grocery store.

"Yes, I did, thank you for taking me today" Jade said

"You don't have to thank me, okay?" I say

"Okay, Lilia" Jade says as we get to the market.

We grab the food we need for dinner and Jack's beer. I know if I forget his beer I'm in for a twice the beating. We pay for our stuff to hurry back home before Jack gets home.

We got to the house in time or so we thought. I go to the kitchen to start making dinner but when I walk in, I get a slap to the face.

"Where have you been" Jack yells angrily at me. 

"I asked you if I could take Jade to the park three hours ago. You said it was okay to be back in three hours and gave me money got groceries and your beer." I say giving a look to tell jade to go to her room now.

"You liar, I don't know what you're talking about." He says as slaps me again for crying this time.

Jack snatches the beer out of my hand and slaps me again before walking off to drink some more.

I ran to my room and closed the door.

I grabbed my bookbag and stuff three outfits to take with me and a second pair of shoes. I grabbed the little bit of money I have saved to take with me.

I put my phone in my pocket. And goes to Jade's room as I wiped the tears off my cheeks.

"Jade?" I whisper to her since she was sleeping.

"Yes" she says sleepily.

I start to tear up again because I would be leaving her with him while I'm gone.

"Jade I'm leaving, I can't stay here any longer but I'll be back for you. I promise." I say when she sits up and starts to cry.

"You can't leave please I need you" she says crying.

"I know I'm sorry but I can't take the beating anymore but he won't hit you at all so that good. I'll be back for you." I say

"You promise me?" Jade said

"I Lilia Gwinn gave you my word and promise that I will be back for you" I say to her with a sad smile.

"Good, I love you." Jade says

"Yes, I love you too, now go back to sleep" I say to her as I kiss her forehead and tuck her in like I do every night.

I stay there for a few more minutes. Then I walk out because I know Jack my foster father is drunk and passed out.

I leave for good until I come back for Jade. I'll miss her so much. I need to get stronger to protect Jade.

Like & Comment, please!