Chapter 28

Please don't play media above just yet...
❤❤❤

Without thinking twice, Analeigh closed the door and brushed her hair back. Her mother slowed down her pace and had a suspicious look on.

"What's the matter? Who's at the door?"

"Mama..." She got closer to her, "It's just a dude from my college. He wants to borrow my research papers."

Ashley looked unconvinced, "So why do you look nervous? The way you shut the door too. In his face? Wow."

"Mama it's because I haven't done my research, and he came too early, and without calling me. Didn't know what to tell him."

"The truth? That won't be so hard, Analeigh."

"Pfft... Yahh, um, I will. Yahh it isn't so hard to tell the truth, now is it?"
She literally started to sweat.

Ashely critically looked at her and the bell rang again followed by two knocks on the door.

"Yikes, papa would be home soon and you're not done with the food." Analeigh panicked, her eyes on the door, as she tried to get her mother back into the kitchen.

"Danilo! I forgot about him." She put the towel on the counter and just as Analeigh was about to leave the kitchen to attend to the one outside, who was still knocking, her mother called out,

"Let me know how things go with the aggressive person at the door. I wanna be a part of my children's lives. No matter how irrelevant the situation might be. Almost lost your sister because I wasn't so involved in her life, so I wasn't able to protect her." Her eyes glistened with tears,

"Promise me no more secrets Analeigh? So we can all live peacefully."

Analeigh's eyes became watery as well as she walked up to her mother, pecked her forehead and hugged her.

"I promise, mama."

***

"What do you want?" Analeigh got out of the house and faced him.

"Get in the car." He made way for her but she just chuckled,

"You disappear for months. Suddenly show up at my house, telling me to get in your car? What the heck is wrong with you? Go back to where you came from. I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Why Analeigh? Are you afraid we might... Like the last time you got in my car?" He got closer to her; their faces so close, she could feel his breath on her lips.

Her eyes closed, "That won't happen again."

"But I want it to." He looked into her eyes, then down at her lips but she pulled away without hesitation.

"So that's why you've come?" She laughed, "I told you no one would be able to make you feel the way I made you." She pulled him closer, by the collar, with one hand.

Her other hand in his hair as she brushed her lips on his, "I'm irreplaceable."

He took in her sweet scent, "Ugh... You're damn right about that."

With that being said, he unexpectedly carried her onto his shoulder and calmly started walking to his car.

"Put me down you brute." She hit his back, "I can get in myself."

She managed to get down, a smirk on her face as she got in his car.

He bit his lip, eyes on her ass as she got in, got in as well and drove off.

***
Anayah was in bed, going through her Instagram. A lot of her friends were posting bikini photos in preparation for the pool party.

She wasn't so psyched up about it. She knew she wasn't going to swim or get into her swimsuit to relax, due to the night's really cold air.