Chapter 8

"Ronné, has Ayah come in yet?" Dylan asked her, worried.

"G'morn to you too. Nope she hasn't. Her phone's off. Is Brad in yet?"

"Yahh, out on the west lawn. He's been there for a while."

"Thanks..." She walked out to the lawn.

"Gosh Renar's phone is off as well!" He yelled in the hallway.

"Sheesh, your boyfriend will be in soon. You know he never comes to campus early. He doesn't have morning lectures." Clarine reminded him, "Besides, we need to meet up for our music project. Teacher says if I don't get my grades up, there'll be consequences. And of course, you'll do all the work." She shrugged, walking away.

He just rolled his eyes and kept glancing at the cars that came to campus.

***

"Wake up Renar! We've got to leave before my mother gets back." She tapped and shook him.

"Woah, you're already dressed? Guess my plan to spy on you in the shower has backfired." He said with his morning voice, which turned her on big time.

She immediately got off the bed as if she had been electrified somehow and walked out the room.

"Renar, get up or my mother will come and call the police!"

"Geez Anayah." He laughed, "Why you talking from behind the door?"

He got up from the bed, grabbed a towel without even asking, removed his clothes and went into her bathroom.

She peaked her head through the door, heard that the shower was on and sighed out of relief.

He was done in no time and got out with his wet, masculine body, facing her, who was sitting on her bed, going through her Wattpad private library.

When she saw him, her eyes lingered on his towel, especially the bulging portion. She gulped and left the room lickety split. He laughed out loud. Really loud this time.

"It's not funny!" She yelled from what used to be her big sister's room.

"Here." She threw him a big grey shirt and black sweatpants through the door. She was in sweat pants as well, and a loose, long sleeved crop top.

"Thanks." He smiled.

***

They got in his car as soon as they were done.

"We'll get breakfast on the way, my treat." He smiled.

"Thank you, but we've gotta hurry. I've got lectures in 40..." She glanced at him, as he sparked the car.

Despacito, featuring Justin Beiber was on.. 🎶Turn every situation into heaven yeah, oooh you are....... Got me feeling some kinda way, make me wanna savour every moment slowly🎶

They were both silent. Listening to the lyrics and behaving as if they were in some sort of music video.

They kept stealing glances at each other. They were both lost in thoughts. And to their surprise, they were thinking about each other and how they can actually stand each other now.

***

"Young man, don't you have class?" A tall lad in an official wear asked Dylan because he was pacing the school hallway for a long time now.

"Yahh, I do Sir, I'm waiting for someone. We have class together." He walked away from the man and decided to sit on the lawn this time.

'Nosey man.' He thought.

Just then, Renar parked his car at his usual spot and he got down and opened the door for Anayah.

Dylan couldn't believe his eyes. And neither could the people on the lawn. Ronné and Brad weren't there at that time. But I'm sure their jaws would have dropped as well.

Dylan got up from the lawn so fast and started walking towards them.

"Thanks Renar." She smiled, "For everything."

"I'm here for you T."

She glared at him and he smirked, "Hurry, you've got just 13 minutes."

She turned, only to be faced with Dylan.

"Oh hey, thought you'd be in class by now." She walked past him.

Renar advised her to not confront him, and that after all, they weren't dating, so she shouldn't act like she had been cheated on. She deserved better.
So she did just that.

"Ayah, can I talk to you for a minute?" Dylan caught up with her.

"After class Dylan. I'm never late. And I Do pay attention in class."

She turned and smiled at Renar who was with other boys by his car. He winked at her, and Dylan glared at him.