Chapter 18

It was Monday morning and Anayah was in bed, still thinking about what the old woman told her.

"She could have gotten an owl. Or an eagle. Or even, a dove. Those are beautiful birds. It just had to be the exact one that creepy lady mentioned." Anayah mumbled to herself, her hands in her hair.

She had no lectures today so she planned to meet with Renar to finally work on their project.

'Should I tell Analeigh about it? Or rather, ask her why she got that and what it means to her? I'm so confused. I shouldn't be listening to creepy folks but this is too coincidental' She thought as she rolled out of bed.

"Lu?" Analeigh opened her door, "No class today, I see."

"Yahh, how'd you figure that out?" Anayah mocked.

"Hermanita, it's 11:27 and you're still in your pj's. If you did, you would have left home around 7." She closed the door behind her and sat on Anayah's bed.

"Well, whatever. I'm meeting with someone today. We've got a project which I've been so reluctant to do." She took a clean towel from one of her drawers and hang it on her shoulder.

"And does this 'someone' have a name? Is it Ronné? Or Dylan?"

"Nope. The lecturers don't just pair us with whomever we want. My partner's Renar."

"What!? Why him!?"

"Take it easy, lassie." Anayah laughed, "I asked myself that question when I found out. But-"

"Anayah that guy is bad news. That guy is m-"

"He's my boyfriend." Anayah said plainly, "I like him. A lot. He's been really nice and honest with me. I know you'll like him too. Please give him a chance." She got closer to Analeigh who had a worried look on her face.

"So you've slept with him already?" Analeigh asked, disappointed.

"No." Anayah showed her the ring, "He knows and understands. He said he respects my decision."

"Hermanita, I just hope you know what you're doing. Just don't go crying to padre when you find out all Renar's dirty secrets." She smiled lightly and got out of the room.

***
"Thanks for coming to see the doctor with me Dylan." Kathy smiled, her arm around his as they walked to the doctor's office.

"Anything for you, love." He smiled back at her, "I want you and our baby to be happy. I'll always be here for you."

Kathy smiled so adorably and Dylan chuckled. He glanced at her and saw that her eyes were widely focused on something which wiped the smile off her face.

He traced her eyes and laid his on Sergio.

"What's he doing here?" She looked annoyed.

"Why Kathy?" Dylan laughed, "It's a hospital. Of course he has a reason to be here. Why'd you look upset?" He looked down at her.

"I was with Ronné and Brad the other day and Brad told me some stuff about him. I don't really like him. Remember that party he faked to be a bartender? He's creepy." Her eyes still fixed on Sergio.

Sergio noticed the two of them watching him. He made eye contact with Kathy, then put on a weird face. As if he wanted to say something. They stared at each other for a while and even Dylan got confused. Kathy rose an eyebrow, still staring at Sergio and he immediately lost the 'staring contest' and got out of sight.

Kathy looked up at Dylan, "See what I mean? He's really strange."

"Yhup. Just forget about him. The doctor's waiting." He put his arm around her shoulder and they continued walking.