Waterlilies

Aurelia's POV

This was it. The last case before break.

"Wake up!" I yell to Asher. "I'm going to murder a few people and be right back, okay?"

"And then you introduce your sexy boyfriend to your parents," Asher pops up, grinning.

"Asher," I say in a serious tone. "Do you remember your cover?"

"Tiati-in-training, blah, blah, blah," Asher rolls his eyes. "I can also pass off as your boyfriend, you know." He yawns and gets up, blinking his eyes twice.

"Your name is Liam," I remind him. "You are 19, and you have been waiting for this moment your entire life."

"I deserve a hotter name," Asher mumbles. "And why exactly do you guys need another tiati? To replace that Madison wannabe?"

"I don't know," I say, annoyed. "It was a last moment cover."

"This isn't going to work," Asher sighed. "Well, shoo. Go kill people. Have fun!"

"Thanks, Dad," I roll my eyes.

"Ugh, no," Asher shudders. "I'm your boyfriend, not your dad. That's just weird."

"Don't make it weird then," I glare.

"Have a good day at work, honey!" Asher shoos me off.

"Don't cause trouble!"

"Trouble is my middle name," Asher winks, trying to look mysterious and failing miserably.

"No, your middle name is Poppy," I say. "Memorize your fake name, at least."

Asher looks as if he knew that name. "Poppy? Can't I have something different?"

I shook my head. "Hey, choose whatever you want. I'm late to work." I rush down the stairs and out into the street.

The streets were usually awake and bright at this time, but today, there was no one. Everyone was already gone, a day early. Maybe I should've taken Asher's advice and skipped work. Being there alone with Madison and Jason would be a nightmare.

"Ms. Summers, pleasure," Jason forces the words out. "Wonderful to see you."

"Ja - uh, Mr. Palmer," I stretch my lips to make a smile. "Trust me, the pleasure is all mine."

"I expect this to be extremely short," Madison marches past me, her perfect hair billowing in the wind.

Jason gives me one last look before following Madison into court. It would be bad if he suspected me of anything. Not like I had done anything bad. Just the standard stuff. The only thing I did was make contact with a group of rebels, and I knew one of those rebels was in this court at this very moment. Not a big deal.

"Aiden Coleus Johnson," I call out from my sheets before Jason or Madison can start. "Enter."

"So this is what the inside looks like," a thirteen year old boy muses, looking more curious than scared. "I've always wondered what could be in such a pristine place. But I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed," he addresses me.

I was about to start the case, but I realize that today, it was Noah's turn. Funny how it was the turn-coat's turn. If you could even call him that. Who knew how long Noah had been dealing with the Eversio?

"Mr. Johnson," Noah begins, his voice cool. You would never suspect that he was working against this entire society. "You have been arrested due to multiple assault charges and break-ins. Additionally, you are suspected of showing negative emotions to many classmates at separate times."