33🌺: The Follow Up

Start from the beginning

"You know, you could at act like you care." He just shrugged as he opened the car door. I scoffed and started hooking him in his car seat. I got in the front seat and tapped on my phone as we pulled off.

"Where are we going?"

"McDonald's."

"You made me get up for that?"

"Ian ask you to come. I asked if you wanted to." I shut up, because the next sentence that could come out would be 100% rude. When we pulled up, I saw Tay glance at a light skinned girl with long hair and a nice body. She had on a plain white tee and grey pants and still looked like she stepped right out of a magazine.

"That's her?"

"Yeah." I just wanted to sink into the seat. He opened his door and went to the baby.

"Yo, you coming or what?" I looked back and saw he was looking at me with an annoyed look.

"Y-yeah, I'm coming." It felt like my mouth was drying out as I zipped my jacket up and looked at the girl again. I opened the door and got out, looking everywhere but those two as I shut the door.

"Hey, son son." I hear her say as she grabs the baby. "Who's this?" I look up from my phone.

"This my girl, Ebony. Eb, this Adrian."

"Hi." I wave awkwardly.

"Hey." She smiled back. "Ready to go in? I wanna get
this lecture over with." Tay just sucked his teeth and pushed past her. We entered the part with the playground. It was completely empty, and Tay sat Cameron's bag on a random table.

"Finna go order some food." He went toward the door that led to the regular restaurant.

Leave me with the *crazy* baby mama, great.

I continued to scroll through Instagram, avoiding any contact.

"So, you and Tay been dating long?" I looked up to see a genuinely interested facial expression. 

"Uh...not that long." I shrugged. She nodded.

"Cool. He's very...complex. Gotta have a special bond to deal with him."

"Oh, so you were in a relationship?"

"Yeah. I mean—it was over before it started, really. Don't get me wrong, money's good, dick's good...we just didn't click." I drew back a little, thinking of the possibilities that could go down if I opened my mouth. But then I looked at her face.

There was no smug smirk, no glint in her eye. She was serious. Okay, so this girl might be nice. She's just stupid.

I say stupid because no bitch would dare say shit about a nigga's dick game to his girl.

"Oh really? Seemed like y'all clicked enough." I glance at Cameron. She giggled.

"Well, I'm sorry that I dropped a bomb on y'all...Cam was the best thing that ever happened to me, but he's a lot of work." She looked down at him.

"And I can't do it by myself." I glanced through the glass wall at Tay, who was leaned against a column. 

"I understand." I flicked a piece of paper off of the table. "I understand."
*

The ride back home was as quiet as it was coming up. We still had the baby, and Tay was still being stubborn as hell. The only thing that really came out of sitting with her was learning that she was a complete ditz. Nice, but a ditz.

"Why do you want me, Tay?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm clearly not your type—"

"Not my type? You tryna start an argument or some'?"

"What? No, dumbass! I just wanna know! You're clearly into light skins with perfect bodies and—"

"I'm into you, Ebony. You. You are my type. I don't want nobody else. Simple. That answer your question?"

"No, actually." He sighed aggressively and I smirked. "But I appreciate the answer."

"So, this conversation settled?"

"No."

"Fine..." I reached over and grabbed his free hand. I saw out the corner of my eye I saw him look at me, but I stayed quiet.