63. I Kissed a Boy and I Liked It

teenagers- uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh imagine phil like simon in "love, simon" bcus that's what i think of idfK
it doesn't matter whatever

Phil was gay. It wasn't a secret, although it used to be a big one. Not until he decided to come out to his family and his closest friends, the information becoming common knowledge at his school.

Phil wasn't shocked about the reaction, most people calling him a faggot and other rude slurs. He felt lucky to be surrounded by people that didn't care, namely his two friends Chris and Pj.

Truth be told, Phil hadn't kissed a boy in his life. Not that that determined his sexuality, but he had never told anyone about it so no boy would think of kissing him, right? Phil hadn't even thought of kissing boys before, even after he had come out to everyone he knew.

It wasn't until he met Daniel Howell did that thought ever come to mind.

Dan was a quieter boy who didn't really have any friends, always sitting by himself at lunch and talking to himself- lots of people calling him crazy because of it.

Phil didn't think Dan was crazy, though. In fact, he managed to find it kind of charming. Everyone at their school was boring and similar, but Dan brought something new to the table.

"Why do you talk to yourself?" Phil had asked him the day he noticed Dan consistent muttering and mumbling when nobody was around.

Dan would look up, shrugging a little. "Habit, I suppose.. I don't really know." He said softly, glancing away in embarrassment.

"Well- I like it." Phil replied, offering Dan a smile. Dan returned it in a sonewhat awkward sense, the two parting their ways soon after.

But Dan always seemed to be on Phil's mind, when they were around each other, when they weren't, and everywhere in between (if there is an in between). Dan never really talked to Phil, not until he came out that is.

It was just a boring Wednesday, nothing too special. People were bombarding Phil less but of course he still got the few whispers behind his back that he could very clearly tell were about him.

"Phil-?" Dan's meek voice called, Phil turningn around at it.

"Huh- oh, Dan!" Phil exclaimed, smiling at him, "What's up? I haven't really seen you around."

Dan smiled softly, the bright blush on his cheeks contrasting with his wardrobe. "I- uh, heard you're gay," Was all he said, Phil's smile faltering a little as he nodded. He looked down a little, not really paying attention to Dan at this point. "Not that it's a bad thing-" Dan added on, Phil looking up at him.

"I was- just wondering if you'd like to hang out sometime..?" Dan's voice seemed sheepish, almost as if he was more embarrassed than Phil was.

Phil quietly rose his head, glancing around at the few people looking at them. "Yeah, I think that would be fine." Phil smiled a little, Dan returning it before shuffling off to class.

The next time Phil would see Dan was in the school library, Dan sunken into a shapeless blob in one of the beanbag chairs. Phil quickly made his way over, flopping down in the spot beside Dan. Dan seemed a little surprised as he turned his head, smiling widely at Phil. "Hey."

Phil chuckled softly, mumbling a "hi" in response. "What're you reading?" He asked, looking over at the book. Phil was somewhat surprised to see that it was one of the Harry Potter books as he hadn't taken Dan for a fan of them. "Ohh- have you gotten to when Cedric-"

"Probably not!" Dan hummed, smiling slightly and closing it. "This is my first time reading it, I don't want any spoilers." Phil nodded in response, smiling weakly in a sort of apology. "But, I'm planning on watching one of the movies tonight.. Would you like to come with me?"