19. Bomb Diffusal

(okay because i'm awful and have been obsessed with sherlock this might be a spoiler? i'm basically basing this off of that one part on the traine in series 3 episode 1 and if you haven't watched sherlock and don't want spoilers because you're planning on watching it, maybe don't read it? otherwise go ahead if you want)

Here I was, hunched over the floor of the train car. My head was pounding, mumbling under my breath.

"Phil, you have got to know now to difuse a bomb!" Dan critisized.

"I..." I started, feeling a lump form in my throat. I almost felt like I was going to cry, like I couldn't form the words. "I can't!" I yelled out.

I could hear Dan huff through his nose, pacing around the train car for a few moments. He suddenly stopped, pointing at me. "Mind palace!"

"What?"

"Go to your mind palace!!"

"You think I'll have some sort of information stored in there about diffusing a bomb?!"

"Yes!" Dan shouted, eyes wide and slacked jaw.

I was silent, running my tongue over my lips. "Maybe." I shut my eyes tight, bringing my hands to my head. There were so many possibilities, sure I hadn't read a lot on bombs but I knew a bit about them. But this bomb, I had no idea. I thought of all the possiblities I could, Dan's breathing getting more rapid.

"Come on, think! Please, Phil, think think!!" Dan tugged at his short hair, running his hand through the front to the back. I groaned, tugging at my own black fringe.

"I can't!! I have nothing!" I yelled out. I looked up at Dan who had a worried look on his face. Biting my bottom lip, I stood up and advanced towards him.

"Phil! We're going to die here! If you had never, come back from your fake death or some shit, I would never be here! I wouldn't have to deal with this! I wouldn't have to withstand blowing up the British Parliament building!!" Dan threw out word after word at me, a few stray tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Dan..." I mumbled.

"I could have been up in our flat, enjoying a nice cup of tea and an anime, and with you! But of course, I'm trapped down here with you, about to be blown to smithereens!"

"Dan."

"I can't believe you got us into this mess! Are you sure you've went over everything you know? Are you 100% sure that you don't know how to diffuse a bomb?! Because if you do and you're just playing around with me then I swear to-"

"Dan!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. He quieted down and I looked up, staring him in the eyes. I moved closer than I already was, grabbing the collar of his jacket. "Dan," I whispered. "I know, I've gotten us into this mess. And I know that we can't run away now, it's too late. But I need you to know that whether we somehow make it out of here with some sort of life left in us, I will always, and I always have, loved you. So much, Dan. You're the greatest man I've ever met and I'm so sorry things have to end like this. I wish there was something I could do but... I'm out of ideas.. And I'm so, so sorry for letting you down." I felt Dan's hands rest on my chest, a couple sniffles coming from him.

"I... I...." He muttered softly, not able to get anything out. He looked over at the bomb underneath us, 47 seconds left on the clock.

Without any hesitation, I pulled him closer by the collar, kissing him roughly and passionately. I didn't know if he was okay with it, but he didn't push me away and he did kiss me back. I leaned into him, almost pulling him off the ground. After a few moments, I pulled away, letting out a choked sob and resting our foreheads together.

"I love you too, Phil." The bomb beeped as he said so and I closed my eyes, expecting some big explosion. I waited a few seconds before opening one eye, gently letting go of Dan and looking down at the timer.

29 seconds. It was stuck at 29 seconds exactly. The light that was previously green was now yellow, the timer not moving at all. Dan gasped, trying to mutter something out but not succeeding.

I quickly looked up at him, the timer switching off completely. The light on the timer had went out, including all the lights on the train.

"We're..." I muttered.

"We're okay." Dan said softly. I felt myself being pushed up against the car wall, Dan's warm lips conmecting back with mine. I wrapped my arms around his back, squeezing him tight and kissing him back.

He ran his fingers through the back of my hair, quickly pulling away. I could feel the smile on his face.

"We aren't dead."