11. Warzone

(the setting is in old 1800's kind of like the setting of black butler??)

The small record needle lay upon the black vinyl, an old-timey tune coming out of the brass speaker.

Phil looked up from the record player at his lawful husband. With graceful steps he went towards his aforementioned partner who stood in the middle of the room.

Tears stained his cheeks, eyes red and puffy. Phil took one of Dan's hands, resting his other hand on Dan's waist.

"Don't cry, Daniel." Phil said softly, looking into Dan's eyes.

Dan sniffed, rubbing his eyes before resting his hand on Phil's shoulder.

"Philip... you aren't worried..?" Dan asked.

Phil didn't respond to the question, instead shaking his head slightly and asking, "Could I have this last dance with you?"

Dan nodded, swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat as Phil leaded him on.

The music flowed through the room, echoing slightly in the large ballroom.

Phil pulled Dan closer to his body, his head hanging over Dan's shoulder. Loud gunshots went off around them outside the manor, and through the large stained glass window complimenting the ballroom, you could see flames flare up outside.

"We're going to die here, Philip..." Dan muttered, his clammy hands clinging onto Phil's black blazer.

"Shh..." Phil reassured. "Just dance with me, Daniel..." After Phil said that, Dan let out a choked sob, tears flowing down his cheeks again.

The room slowly started to burn and fall around the couple, flames engulfing the curtains and tapestries, pieces of the roof burning black and becoming hot like embers.

Phil pulled away from Dan, still leading the other. "We'll be okay." Phil placed a soft kiss on Dan's forehead, bringing his hand up to caress Dan's cheek.

At that exact moment, the roof above them collapsed.