28. Bad Day

Phil slammed the door of his and Dan's flat. He was on the brink of tears, blinking to try and get them to go away. But of course, that just made them stream down his cheeks.

Phil rushed up the stairs, hearing Dan's voice from the lounge. He didn't want Dan to see him in a bad mood like this so he tried to escape to his room.

"Phil! How was PJ's house?" Dan called. Phil stopped in the hallway. Should he tell Dan what happened? Phil clenched his jaw, hearing Dan call his name again.

It got to a point where he heard Dan getting up and he couldn't stand it anymore. Phil threw his galaxy jacket to the ground, dashing into the lounge to collide with Dan.

"Hey, there you are." Dan said calmly, not realizing Phil's state. His expression went from relieved to concerned, noticing the sobs that were racking Phil's body as he buried his face into his hands.

Dan slowly wrapped his arms around the other boy's shoulders, squeezing him tightly as he led Phil into the lounge. They sat on the sofa, Dan gently running his fingers through Phil's hair.

"What the hell happened over there? Did PJ do something?" Dan asked quickly, wanting to know what happened to Phil.

Phil shook his head, taking his glasses off as he buried his face into the crook if Dan's neck. Dan let Phil's tears soak his shirt, he would do anything to make sure his little angel bean would feel better.

"It's alright, Phil. Whatever happened is in the past now. I'm right here and you know I'll stay here until you're okay again." Dan pulled Phil closer to his body, running his hands up and down Phil's spine. He did this and gently cooed in Phil's ear until the vicious crying had stopped. "You're okay now." Dan whispered, Phil nodding.

"I know, thank you.." Phil said softly. "What would I do without you?"

"Oh, I don't know. But let's not think about that." Dan smiled at Phil, Phil smiling a little bit back.