21. Costume Party

(halloween special i guess???)

As most people know, I'm not a big fan of parties. I'm too awkward for my own good; I stay to the side by myself and silently snack on the food at the events. The worst part is when it's a costume party. If you aren't dressed up, then that's one thing. If you aren't dressed up and you don't communicate with anyone, it's like commiting a crime.

Thank god Phil is always there with me though. He'll either sit with me or somehow drag me out onto the dance floor. This year he's dressed up as Frankenstien, something I thought would be silly. I didn't really want to dress up so I just threw on my old dinosaur onesie and drew some fake blood coming from my mouth. When we comoared ourselves, I realized I was the silly looking one, but I didn't want to admit it. So, we went to this overcrowded and noisy halloween party anyway.

"Hey, Dan. Do you ever wonder if pandas have been mating more?" Phil asked. I rolled my eyes at his silly question.

"Are you referring to the wish you made when we were in Japan?" I asked. Phil nodded in reply. "What made you think of that?"

"Well, I don't know. I was just thinking about how cool it would be to go back there again, see our wishes on that wall. Maybe the next trip we could have alone time." Phil smirked at me, winking.

I scoffed. "Shut up, Phil. The last thing I need is you talking about the "alone time" we would have on holiday." My nose wrinkled up, looking over at him.

"Oh, don't deny it. You would love it." He said, leaning over the table to kiss me cheek. Phil looked over at the dance floor then back at me.

"No." I said quickly.

"Oh, pleeeeaaaseeeee," Phil whined.

"No thanks Phil." I laughed softly. "I don't want to make a fool of myself."

"Come on, Danny! It'll be fun!" Phil urged. I gently slapped his arm.

"Don't call me Danny." He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, I'll make a compromise. If Ghostbusters or any kind of halloween-themed song comes on in the next 20 minutes you have to go out there with me." I sighed softly, staring out into the crowd myself. A ton of sweaty bodies, awkward and intoxicated, grinding up against each other and driven with lust. I looked back over at Phil who was giving me puppy eyes.

"Don't give me that look..." I groaned. He grabbed my hand, his look going hurt. Ugh. I couldn't say no to him. "Oh f-ine. As long as it'll make you happy." I grumbled.

Phil smiled, reaching over the table again and giving me another kiss on the cheek. "Thanks babe." He said in a sweet voice.

We sat there, having small talk for a while. Soon enough Phil brought to my attention that there were only a couple minutes left. I smiled, he knew I didn't want to go out there, and he also knew that if the deal wasn't sealed I would annoy him about it all the time.

But, with my luck, the familiar tune of Ghostbusters started playing with only a minute left on the clock. I groaned, leaning my head back over the chair. a
Phil smiled, standing up in front of me. His snile faltered when he saw how reluctant and anxious I looked.

"You okay?" He asked. I sighed.

"Yeah, yeah. Just.. a little on edge."

"Why?"

"Well you know, with my anxiety it's harder for me to do stuff like this. Hence why I always stay inside." I mumbled. I got up, looking him in the eye. "But it's okay."

Phil looked at the floor, then up at me. "No, it's fine. I won't make you."

"It's okay, Phil." Dan insisted. Phil shook his head, taking the seat beside Dan's instead of across the table.

"Sit." He said softly, patting the chair. I gave in, sitting back down.

"I thought you wanted to-"

"Not when you could have a panic attack out there." Phil interrupted. He leaned over, grabbing me by the shoulders and kissing me softly. He pulled away in an instant, moving my fringe out of the way of my eyes.

"You're so cute." Phil mumbled, smiling amd sitting back in his seat.
_____
sorry it's a day late and really shitty... i'm finishing this on the morning after halloween so i'm pretty fried