Chapter 28

Dean's POV

With light traffic I was able to make it to Cheyenne in forty five minutes, giving me enough time to scout the area, getting a decent place to hide before the truck was scheduled to arrive.

I was surprised by the lack of activity in the area. I had just figured that Lucifer would have his minions already set in place, ready to stop any hunters from foiling his plan.

But the place was empty, except for the one security guard at the front, half asleep in his chair, a hunting magazine sprawled across his lap. "This doesn't seem right," I mumbled to myself.

With time to spare, I pulled out my phone, hoping that I might see a message from Y/N. Hoping that what Cas had said wouldn't be true, that she would try her hardest to come back to me. The screen was blank, and in my heart I knew that Y/N was planning on sacrificing herself for the greater good.

Making sure my gun was loaded and ready, I heard the lumbering truck make its way down the back road, stopping at the main gate, waking up the security guard. A burly looking man climbed out of the cab, showing off some papers. I watched as they argued for a moment, the burly man gesturing to the back of his truck before the security guard finally waved him past.

I still wasn't sure how I was going to stop this, but I knew I couldn't mess up. The fate of the world once again rested on my shoulders, and I was really getting tired of it. I wanted some time to relax, to spend with Y/N. Instead I was in the middle of stopping another crisis, as always looking insurmountable.

The truck lumbered past me, pulling up to the unloading dock, where the vials of the virus would be unloaded before taken to the local water station, poisoning the world before they could even blink.

Burly man climbed back out, just as a couple more people came from inside the industrial building, their eyes black as they held clipboards. I knew it was now or never, and with the Angel blade in one hand, a gun with special carved bullets in the other, I crept along the side, trying to stay out of sight. Hoping that if I came close enough, I could shoot them, trapping them before they could smoke out of here.

Trying to round the dumpster, I accidentally kicked a glass bottle, shattering it against the metal. Cursing under my breath, I could hear them moving about, trying to figure out what had made that sound.

Staying hidden behind the dumpster, I could just barely make out burly man's shoes as he came around the corner before I plunged the blade into his chest. Quietly lowering him as he flashed orange, I crept forward.

"What the hell was that? And where did Brian go?" One of the Demon's asked as they came around the corner, just in time for me to shoot them right between the eyes. "Stupid hunter. Bullet's don't work against us."

Opening his mouth he tried to smoke out, and that's when I smiled at him. "They do, if devil's traps have been carved into them."

His eyes widened as I came forward, slamming my knife into his chest as arms wrapped around me from behind. "I knew it had to be you damn Winchesters," the last Demon muttered as he tried to choke me.

Struggling against his hold, I pulled the blade out of his partner, stomping on his toe. His grip loosened slightly, and I used the advantage to slam the blade in between his ribs, his arms going lax around my neck.

Taking deep, gulping breaths, I turned to face my next issue. The truck full of the virus. We had briefly talked about what to do, afraid that burning the truck would release the toxins into the air. Cas had assured us that it wouldn't harm anyone. Especially since this loading station was far enough away from the main city.

With the bomb equipment in my pocket, I pulled open the back of the truck, awed at the amount of vials back here. There was enough to infect the entire midwestern populations, and probably up into Canada.

Working quickly I strapped the explosives in multiple places, setting the timer to give me enough time to get the hell out of here. Pressing the start button, I hopped down off of the bed of the truck, only to stare into the eyes of three more Demon's.

"You didn't think Lucifer would have it be this easy, did you?" One asked, stepping forward, and I raised my gun, shooting the Demon in the chest.

"No, but I was hoping for an easy day," I muttered, turning and firing at the other Demons. Knowing I had grounded all three, I pulled out my Angel blade, ready to face them.

One turned to the truck, no doubt attempting to stop the bomb before it went off, and I tackled him just as he passed. Struggling to hold him, I pulled the blade up, slicing under his back rib, killing him instantly.

Standing up, I noticed another jumping for the truck, as the last wrapped their arms around my neck, jumping onto my back. "Damn it," I muttered, slamming her against the side of the truck. Once, twice, finally after the third time did her grip loosen and I turned to stab her with the blade.

With only one minute left until the bomb exploded, I jumped into the truck, grabbing the last Demon by the hair and throwing her to the ground.

Wincing as I jumped down, I slammed the blade so hard into her chest that the tip broke off in the cement. Breathing heavily, I pulled the blade, tucking into my jeans before running towards the exit where the security man stood, dumbfounded. "What the hell is going on?" He asked as I raced towards him.

"Bomb!" I screamed, pushing open the gate.

"I don't get paid enough for this," he muttered, rushing after me. We both rounded the corner just as the bomb went off, sending the truck, and the building close by up in flames. Metal flew down around his, flames flicking at the gate we had just been at.

Without even stopping to look, I raced towards the Impala, climbing into the backseat. Carefully driving down the road, I turned to see the truck still burning, nothing left of the vials in the back. Feeling victorious, I pulled out my phone just as Cas called. "I did it!" I exclaimed.

"That's great. But Dean, I think we have a problem," Cas started to say.

"Damn it, why is there always a problem?" I mumbled. "What? Were you not able to stop your truck?"

"No, the truck has been taken care of, along with the vials. But it's Y/N. I just received word from a unique friend that she is Lucifer's prisoner."