Chapter 34

Chapter Thirty-Four

Luna's pov

Luna's senses were tingling. Smells of humans and immortals filled her nostrils, making her head throbb. The smell of blood of creatures attacked her senses.

She darted through the trees at an inhuman pace, thundering past houses and buildings and parks, going so fast no human would even see her.

She was running wildly through the city, ready to cling onto any slight hope that her daughter was near. She still clearly remembered her sent. She had kept it trapped with her and she had already searched a million times, but she could never give up.

She raced past townhouses and stores, being able to see just fine in the dead of night.

She had snuck out of her and Amber's bed like always to search for Caroline. Tonight was different, though. Tonight she was more bloodthirsty, more determined. Alice's visit yesterday had only made Luna more eager to find her child.

Luna's leg and head had healed quickly due to her being a demon. Still, despite doctor's orders, she was out of the house and on the streets.

Could anyone really order her around anymore, though? She was the queen.

Her daughter couldn't be far and Luna was certain Alice had everything to do with her disappearance. Luna just hoped she would never have to see her sister again.

Before she knew it, the sun was peeking up in the sky. She needed to get back so Amber wouldn't worry.

Frustrated that she didn't find anything, Luna rushed back to the castle.

She jumped up all the way to the seventh floor, sneaking through the window she had left open for herself.

Amber lay on the bed, breathing gently as Luna quietly shut the window and crawled back into bed.

What was she going to do? Her daughter was nowhere to be found. Amber was full of hope, insisting they didn't need Alice's help to find Caroline. Luna didn't know what else to do, though. She had searched nonstop to no avail and she was beginning to think her child was gone for good.

Amber stirred and Luna quickly wiped away the tears that had formed in her eyes.

Amber blinked hard and turned her head to gaze at Luna.

"Morning, babe," Luna whispered.

Amber smiled genlty. "What time is it?"

"Eight o'clock."

Amber groaned. "That's so early."

Luna giggled. "You can sleep in." She kissed Amber on the forehead and slipped out of the room.

Her stylists dressed her up for the day, which Luna thoroughly enjoyed. It was always so much fun and exciting. They did her hair, makeup, and picked out a proper outfit. Today she wore a strapless navy blue dress which flowed in layers down to her feet, where black heels were hidden.

Mr. Klune approached her as soon as she was finished getting dressed. He began to go over the schedule for the day, which was grueling.

After about two hours of work, Mr. Klune had interesting news.

"Luna?"

"Yes?" She asked, lowering into her throne on the main floor with a stack of papers in hand. She absently looked through the papers.

Mr. Klune put his hand on top of the papers, grabbing her attention. "Listen. You know about the policy that whoever brings harm to the queen of Silver Days will immediately be put to death, correct?"