Chapter 10

*****************

Short chapter alert. :(

Sorry</3

*****************

Chapter Ten

Amber sat at the table in the kitchen and stared at the cup of lukewarm coffee which sat in front of her.

It had been five hours since Alice's visit and Amber had hardly done a thing. She was way too distraught. She didn't know what to do. Breaking up with Luna simply wasn't an option. She wasn't even sure she should tell Luna what Alice had said. She would definitely tell her she had came, though.

Amber had wrapped her knee considering it still hurt like hell. It had bled continuously, but her injured knee really wasn't as big as a deal as Alice and her threat.

Amber wore white lace shorts with a brown flowing top. She wasn't sure if she was dreading Luna coming home or if she couldn't wait.

The sound of the garage opening resulted in Amber jumping out of her seat. It wasn't time for Luna to be home. She wasn't supposed to come for another hour! Was it Alice again?

Amber listened to the audible sound of a car door slamming. She then heard the loud slapping of heels against the ground.

That didn't really tell Amber anything. Alice had worn heels during her visit. Would she really come twice in one day?

Amber stared at the door to the garage that stood several feet from her. She was scared out of her wits about who was going to enter the door.

The clicking grew in volume and they only came to a halt when the door flung open.

Amber let out a large breath of air when she saw it was Luna. Her girlfriend stood at the door in a nice work outfit that consisted of a tight blue dress with black boots. She had taken the time to curl her hair so it fell down in large black rings. Her lips were painted their usual red as she stared at Amber.

"What you doing here so early?" Amber asked as she attempted to sound casual.

Luna stepped inside the house and closed the door behind her. "That's a lovely greeting," she said sarcastically through a chuckle.

"I mean, I'm glad to see you, but you're usually not-"

Luna held up a hand to stop her as she used her other hand to fling her bag from off her shoulder and onto the kitchen counter. "I'm joking, babe. I got off work early."

Amber smiled at her as she turned to face her. Suddenly, Luna's entire head tilted to the side at an awkward angel. Her lips pulled open slightly and her eyelashes fell down and then fluttered back up, continuing that motion over and over.

Amber was freaked out by her odd movements and she gasped lightly. "Luna?!"

Luna ignored her as she sniffed the air vigorously. Her head twitched to the opposite side. "Someone was here."

Amber took a step back, wondering how it was that Luna knew. It seemed as if everyday led Amber to see how powerful Luna really was.

Luna roamed her head so it rested on her shoulder. She closed her eyes and hummed a single note for a moment, worrying Amber. What the hell was she doing?

Luna's eyes suddenly snapped open and she looked at Amber. Her eyes were practically sending off flames with their deepened red hue.

"It was Alice," Luna told her as if she didn't know.

"Uh...yeah," Amber confirmed as she brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. She had planned on telling Luna about the visit, but definitely not about what Alice had said. What if Luna secretly had found out but was testing Amber? Was she able to tell what they had talked about? She had just stated who it was that broke in, but Amber didn't know how much further she was capable of going with her information.