Chapter 5

Chapter Five

Amber grumbled under her breath and fluttered her eyes open and closed. Bright light surrounded either side of her and she felt something glossy and moist touching her face and neck.

She blinked several more times until she was finally awake. She found herself under Luna, who continued attacking her face with small kisses.

Amber giggled gently and placed her hands on the woman's shoulders. "Baby," she mumbled as Luna gave her jawline a peck.

Luna was crouched over her and leaned back. She brushed her hair to the side and smiled gently down at Amber. "Happy birthday, Amber."

It wasn't until then that Amber remembered it was in fact her birthday. She was eighteen now. A true adult. She immediately recalled the day she was taken. She knew that it was supposed to be today that she was kidnapped by Joel. He had taken her a year too early. The feeling was real eerie to think about. A year ago today she realized her life wasn't what she had thought it was. Amber shook her head. She shouldn't be thinking about that now.

She felt Luna's weight shift from atop of her, and Amber returned her focus on her girlfriend. She was then frowning down at Amber.

"What's wrong? You're an adult today!"

Amber chuckled. "Nothing is wrong." She then pulled Luna down so she was lying flat on Amber's chest. Her head nuzzled its way into the crook of her neck. Amber loved falling asleep and waking up with the one she loved. Luna felt so soft, so warm, so wonderful.

"I'm gonna go make you breakfast, alright?" Luna said as she slowly made her way out of Amber's arms.

"You don't need to do that," Amber told her while watching Luna climb out of the bed.

Luna then raised her eyebrows at Amber after she was out of the bed. "Yes I do. And I want to."

Amber sat up on her elbows. "But you always cook!"

"So?"

Amber puffed out her lower lip. "You really don't need to."

Luna unexpectedly leaned in and gave Amber a smooth kiss on the lips. Even though she was surprised, Amber kissed her back.

Luna pulled away and before Amber could take a breath, her finger was gently pressed against her lips.

"Hush. I'm going to make you breakfast now, okay?"

Amber blinked at her and smiled from behind Luna's finger that was still held against her lips. Amber seriously felt she didn't do enough for Luna with the house, but she could tell Luna wanted to cook for her.

Amber slowly nodded and Luna smiled in satisfaction. She then took her finger off Amber and left the room, leaving Amber blushing. She watched as her girl left the bedroom, looking hot in her t-shirt and small, comfy shorts. The only time she wasn't wearing heels was in the morning.

Amber heard her phone vibrating close by and she reached out to grab it from the nightstand. Her smile stayed on her face as her mother's face lit up her screen.

"Hey, mom," she greeted her after accepting the call.

"Happy birthday!" Both her parents yelled from the other line, making Amber cringe slightly at their loudness.

"Thanks guys!" She said through small laughter.

"You're an adult today!" Her mother sang.

"I am!"

"You've grown so fast, Amber," her father chimed in.

Amber smiled against the speaker. It was so nice to have both her parents around again. They loved her very much and it felt amazing.