Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Luna's POV:

"That looks awful," Luna commented honestly, her nose turned up.

"What...what is wrong with them?" Asked Liam, one of the hundreds of workers.

Luna continued to stare at the new dark red curtains, her eyes filled with disgust.

"They don't match anything and they have horrid ruffles on the ends," she explained, hating the new addition to one of the dining rooms. The house was only half way to being finished and so far, the changes looked spectacular. However, the new curtains wouldn't do. "Who picked these out?"

Mr. Klune suddenly stepped up next to her, his eyebrows raised. "You did."

Luna felt her cheeks go pink in embarrassment. She pushed a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "Oh. I must not have put enough thought into them."

Mr. Klune smiled and turned to Liam. "Have the curtains removed."

Liam nodded as Luna tried to convince herself Mr. Klune hadn't heard her entire rant.

The man curled his arm around Luna's shoulder and walked the opposite way with her. "How do you like the new house, my queen?"

Luna looked around the surrounding area, painting a smile on her face. "I love it. I can't wait for the final outcome."

"It should be close to finished when you return from the city of Unix. Are you prepared to leave?'"

"I still have a little more packing to do." She and Amber were leaving in two days to visit the city and meet the subjects.

Mr. Klune smiled brightly. "Wonderful, my dear. I'll speak with you later. Don't forget to pick out some new curtains."

Luna chuckled as he turned and left her in the hallway of the castle.

She wasn't alone for long, though.

"Luna!" Called a familiar voice.

She turned to find Joel rushing her way in a grey polo and black pants.

He stopped in front of her and quickly bowed. "I mean, Queen Luna."

Luna shook her head. "You don't need to address me that way, Joel. You look very nice."

Her and Joel's relationship was complicated. They were trying so hard to be nice to each other, and so far, it was working. She had only disliked him because he had been the reason her and Samuel split.

"Thanks. I just returned from a fancy lunch with Samuel."

Speak of the devil.

"Oh? Where did you eat?"

"Just outback. They've really done a nice job with the new flowers. I love how the grass isn't completely dead now, too. It's nice and green."

Luna chuckled. "Yes, indeed." She began to walk and Joel skipped into step with her.

"Luna, I need to tell you something."

Luna didn't exactly have the time to talk, but from the way Joel's eyes glowed with excitement, she decided to listen.

"Go on," she said as they continued to walk along together.

Joel stayed quiet and just as Luna was becoming concerned, Joel gently grabbed her arm and tugged them both into a stop.