Chapter 13

********

I won't wait as long as I did to update the next chapter, lol. 

Sorry~ 

*********

Chaper Thirteen

Two days passed without much happening. Amber was cautious with each action of hers for fear of what Alice's next move would be. She felt she had prepared herself, but her aunt was an unexpected woman.

Hailey refused to leave Amber's mind alone. She continued to think about her, hoping her visit didn't mean anything special. She prayed that Hailey realized Amber was not leaving Luna. She was lucky the two had not gotten themselves into a fight.

"You okay, baby?"

Amber felt her head slightly twitch as Luna spoke up through the deep silence.

She returned her eyes to her girlfriend who sat across the kitchen table, looking too worried. They had sat down many minutes beforehand, but had not spoken too much.

"Yeah," Amber said with a small nod.

Her statement did not effect Luna whatsoever as the woman frowned. She glanced down at Amber's untouched plate and then looked back to her.

"You've hardly eaten anything at all. Are you feeling alright?"

Amber was real caught up in everything with Hailey and Alice. The two women were causing so much unnecessary stress in her life. She wished her and Luna could go on another vacation like the one they went on for Amber's birthday.

"Yeah, I'm only stressed out," Amber tried to explain.

"About what?"

There was no way Amber was about to bring up Hailey and how much she was worrying that the woman's crush had become stronger, so she left out that portion.

"Alice. I'm scared of what she's going to do next, Luna!"

Luna unexpectedly stood from her wooden chair. Her heels tapped against the ground as she headed Amber's direction. It didn't take her long, and she was soon crouching next to Amber. The woman rested a hand on Amber's shoulder and forced their eyes to lock.

"I won't let her hurt you, okay? I promise."

Luna's hair was pinned up in a messy bun, causing several black locks to dangle around her perfect face.

Amber appreciated how protective Luna was over her. She felt secure with Luna. She trusted her to take care of her. She had no failed her since they were together.

"Okay," Amber whispered while nodding.

"Good," Luna smiled. She then placed a kiss on Amber's cheek, causing the pale skin to turn scarlet. "Why don't you go and take a nice hot bubble bath? You obviously aren't too hungry and I'm sure the bath will help relieve that stress."

Amber glanced back at the food which awaited her on her plate. "But you made dinner. I don't want to waste it."

She really would feel bad about not eating what Luna took the time to make. But the idea of a bath sounded splendid.

Luna smiled again. "It's okay, baby. I want you to relax."

Amber hesitated before speaking. "Well, if you're sure."

"I'm positive. Go ahead and get in and I'll bring you up some hot chocolate in a few."

Amber loved Luna so much. The woman was so concerned with Amber's well being that it made her feel special. She hoped Luna knew that she genuinely cared just as much.