Chapter 2

*******************

This chapter includes sexual content. ^o^

<3

********************

Chapter Two

The dinner wasn't as terrible as Amber had predicted. Everyone acted mature and talked as if they were a big group of friends and family. Amber was glad about that. She was worried about Luna, though. Her and Amber's mother were still making sly snaps at each other and had been since they entered the restaurant. Amber didn't know what made them begin to do this. They had always acted fine towards each other until now. Amber sat between Luna and her mother in attempt to keep everyone calm.

"So how's Samuel?" Asher asked before shoving a baked carrot into his mouth.

"He's great!" Joel assured him. "We're wonderful."

Amber whirled her head to Luna as she stood from her chair. "Ya know, I'm not feeling too well. I'm gonna...going to go."

Amber knew Luna felt just fine. She was being so damn sensitive! It was getting on Amber's nerves.

Amber was about to say something but couldn't before Luna made her way around the table and out of view. Everyone at the table had gone quiet, and most their eyes were on Amber.

Amber sighed and stood, knowing she needed to go after her. Why did that conversation get to her? She should be over Samuel!

Amber walked away from the awkwardly silent table and traced her girlfriend's footsteps. Had she gone outside or to the bathroom? Amber peered out the windows of the restaurant and found Luna's car with its lights on. It was still parked, but she hadn't left yet.

Amber immediately ran outside. She darted off to the left side of the black car. She wondered if Luna knew she was going to follow her. Did Luna expect her to go after her?

Amber reached the driver's window and saw Luna seated there, staring straight ahead. She had clearly started the car, but hadn't bothered changing the gears.

Amber gently tapped against the glass window, hoping she wouldn't scare Luna too bad. This failed, though, as Luna jumped in surprise.

The woman rolled down the window and Amber was the first to speak up. "Luna, what's the matter?"

"This night just isn't going well," she explained. "I don't want to storm on the parade so I'm just going to go."

Amber was glad she wasn't trying to play the 'sick' bullshit in front of her, but she didn't want her to leave. She knew there was some tension but that didn't mean Luna had to go!

"Don't leave," Amber whined.

Luna sighed and curled her fingers around the slim steering wheel before her. "Your parents won't forgive me, and talking about Samuel punches at my heart."

Amber frowned and hesitated. What was that suppose to mean? Did she still love Samuel? Or was she just still hurting over the cheating?

"I'll talk to my parents about forgiving you," Amber promised, although she instantly regretted the words after they escaped her lips.

Luna looked to her with hopeful eyes. "Really?"

Amber knew her parents wouldn't listen to her. They were set on the idea Luna wasn't sorry and that she didn't feel guilty at all. But if Amber talked to them, could they believe her? There was a tiny chance.

"Yeah, sure. And why are you letting that douche still get to you?"

"Because he was the first person I ever loved, Amber," she said without even flinching.

Amber felt jealous although she knew Luna didn't want anything to do with him anymore.

"I understand," Amber said in a quiet voice.

Luna at last took her eyes off Amber. She then set a hand on her forehead in annoyance. "I'm just upsetting everyone. I'll be leaving now, Amber."

"You're upsetting me by trying to leave!" Amber argued.

Luna hesitated for too long, and Amber wondered what was running through her mind. Did she seriously want to go?

"Okay, fine," she said as she yanked the car keys out of the hold, causing the lights to quickly go off.

Amber grinned. "Thanks."

She stepped out of the way when Luna shoved the car door open. She then shut it behind her and moved her hand down to Amber's. Amber took the message well and grabbed her hand in her own. Her hand was extremely cold...or, freezing. Amber tried to ignore the chill that her hand continued the send through Amber's body as they walked back to the restaurant. Was that supposed to mean something? It wasn't the least bit chilly outside!

The two entered the restaurant and headed back to their table. The group was laughing over something someone had said, so Luna and Amber were able to slip in without causing too much awkwardness.

"You feeling better?" Eva asked.

Amber thought it was quite obvious that Luna had never physically felt ill; only mentally.

Luna smiled at her. "Yes."

........

Two days later, Amber was drawing a picture she had come up with on her own. She had begun to sell her drawings online to make some cash. So far, she had sold ten, but she was sure those numbers would eventually raise.

She was busy sketching the grass blades on the paper when a knocking at her door tore away her focus. "Come in!"

Miranda, the red headed slave, entered. Their family had kept all the slaves, and they were all treated much better now.

"Someone is at the door for you, Miss."

Amber wondered who it could be. It was early afternoon and she hadn't been expecting anyone.

"Alright, thanks."

Miranda smiled and left her doorway empty. Amber stood from her desk which her parents had bought her to draw on.  She then walked downstairs and didn't have to reach the bottom to see who it was.

Luna stood by the door looking quite uncomfortable. She wore a blood red skirt with a laced black shirt. Her hair had been swept to the side and her feet, of course, were covered in black heels.

Amber stepped off the last stair, but Luna hadn't noticed her yet. Amber was curious as to what her girlfriend wanted. Maybe she just came to visit.

"Luna," Amber called to grasp her attention.

Luna's head snapped in her direction and her lips immediately turned up happily. "Hey!"

Luna made her way to Amber as her heels clicked with each step. When she was close enough, Amber caught the sparkling black eye shadow which surrounded both of her pink eyes.

Amber then leaned up and placed her lips against Luna's as a greeting. Luna kissed her back gently but soon carefully let her lips go.

"I want to talk to you about something," she said in a soft tone.

Amber hoped nothing else was wrong.  

"Okay, let's go to my room."

Luna nodded and the two girls headed up the long staircase. Amber felt Luna's hand resting on the small of her back as if she felt she needed to guide Amber since she was unsure of the location of her room.

They finally reached the bedroom, and by then, the interest was murdering her. She wanted to know if what Luna had to say was good or bad.

They entered the room and Luna shut the door behind them. "I didn't mean to barge in like this. I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

Amber plopped down on her bed. She lay against it and grabbed the black teddy bear on the bed. She proceeded to toss it up in the air and then catch it. She continued this motion while saying, "You didn't. It's all good."

"Okay. I still should have texted you before I showed up. This just...I want to ask you this."

Amber set aside the stuffed bear and sat up on one elbow to gaze at Luna. Amber had gotten a new cell phone, and she never thought she would appreciate it as much as she did now. How had she lived without the device for those few months?!

She wasn't sure what to say to Luna. She was just eager to hear what her question was.

Luna walked to the bed and climbed next to Amber. Amber scooted back to make room for her, and once Luna was comfortable, Amber rested a hand on her back. Luna was lying next to her with her stomach against the purple sheets and her feet hanging up in the air.

"So I know we haven't been dating for too long, but we have been through a lot. You and I just..." Luna trailed off and lowered her head. Amber was going to ask what was wrong, but Luna let out a chuckle then lifted her head back up. "I'm gonna ask you now, okay?"

Amber hesitated before nodding.

"Do you want to move in with me?" Luna asked slowly.

Did Amber hear her correctly?! She wanted to live with her again. It was the second day of summer! Amber didn't know what it would be like to live with Luna without her mean and terrible side. It would be real romantic and exciting. But her parents...her parents would never agree.

"I...I would love to, Luna," Amber whispered.

Once she spoke the clarification, she realized how fun it could be. Her and her girlfriend living together. Wouldn't that be brilliant?!

Luna smiled again. "Really? Amber, I'm not forcing you, I just think it would be nice. I want to treat you right and living with each other again would give me the perfect opportunity to do so."

"You don't need to worry about that, baby. You treat me wonderfully! This will take our relationship to the next level, and I'm up for that," Amber told her with a pounding heart.