Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-One

Luna's P.O.V.

Luna was beat by the time she had reached her destination. Tracking people down took too much energy. She had to put all her powers into the task and now, as she stood in front of the hotel building, she was drained. 

She needed to be strong, though. She decided she should wait a few minutes to allow her strength to build back up. This visit was going to require some physical attention. 

She had tracked down Alice. The woman had run away to a dinky hotel set in an uncomfortable atmosphere... the kind of place you should expect to get robbed in.

She took a deep breath and shuddered, feeling the blood in her veins begin to boil with anger. Alice had tried to kill her and Amber both. Luna knew it was her. There was no question. Did she expect to get away with it? 

It had taken Luna a while to get to her. She had no problem sensing and following Alice's smell, but the woman had listened to Luna and had moved two states over. Of course, with Luna's speed, she got there in three hours. 

Luna had left her car in the parking lot of her workplace, just in case Amber decided to check things out. She felt horrible about lying to her girlfriend, but she knew Amber would throw a fit if she knew what she was doing. Hell... she didn't even know what she was doing. She had no plan. After all that had happened, it somehow was very difficult to just kill Alice. She was her sister. 

Without further thought, Luna entered the hotel. Soft jazz music played in the background and the smell of polished leather flooded her nose. The walls were painted a gold and several people were in the lobby, some relaxing in overlarge chairs and others talking quietly among themselves. Luna decided the interior was shameless when competing against the exterior. 

She eyed the desk to her left which encircled a preppy secretary. She then looked to her right, where a hallway leading to all the rooms was located. She could ask for Alice or she could find her herself.

Making her mind up fairly quickly, she casually walked to the right, entering the hallway. The golden walls continued on and on, bearing white doors to rooms, and Luna inhaled all the blood, searching for Alice's. 

Her sister's blood hit her instantly and Luna followed it. She pushed down the urge to run like a maniac to her room number. 

After climbing mountains of stairs, Luna had found her. Room 574. Luna had to give Alice credit for wisely choosing a room on the top floor. A weak attempt to avoid her, but smart. 

Luna tapped on the door looming before her. She could sense Alice's nearness and it was intoxicating. Strong. It made her hands quiver and her veins pop.

The door slowly peeked open and Alice's face appeared. Luna was surprised at how she had answered the door so easily. She had to have smelled Luna from behind the wood. Maybe she wanted to fight. Maybe she was expecting her to follow her. Luna thought she would have gone into complete hiding.

 Alice looked curiously at Luna and then forced a small smile, opening the door wider to reveal her whole self. Her brown hair fell just past her shoulders and her tight red jeans hid her tanned, long legs.

"Hello little sis. What are you doing here?"

Luna forced a smile right back, deciding not to lunge at her... yet. "I just wanted to talk."

Alice's fake smile grew. She knew why she was here. "Oh? What about?"

Luna walked closer to her, standing on the edge of the entrance to the room. "Did you know my house burned down?"