Chapter 16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I'm taking forever to upload new chapters, and I wanted to thank my readers for their patience. Thanks for still reading and keeping up with the story. I appreciate your support and hope you're enjoying the story! 

xoxo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Sixteen

Amber grinned around her fork of grilled chicken. She then snatched the chicken off with her teeth and chewed it before swallowing.

"Really!" Luna said with a laugh.

Amber threw her head back and laughed along with her. The two women were enjoying dinner in a fancy restaurant. A few days had passed and Luna had completely gotten over the situation from the other day. She knew it was all the therapy she had to thank for that. It really seemed to be working, but Luna never really spoke about it.

After the girls finished laughing, Amber brought it up. "So how's therapy going?"

Luna took a sip of red wine. "Wonderful."

"No problems with the therapist?"

"Nope. She's great."

Amber nodded. "That's good to hear."

The therapy had been helping. Luna was much more calm and did not react the way she normally would when the tiniest malfunction occurred. It made Amber happy. She had hope their relationship could go further with this.

Luna smiled slightly at Amber and the two stayed silent as they munched on their meals.

Suddenly, Amber's phone rang from inside her purse which sat by her feet. She flushed with embarrassment as the ringing flooded the quiet of the restaurant. Luna already had her eyes narrowed at Amber and her face showed signs of disappointment. Amber had thought she had turned off her cell phone.

She avoided eye contact with all who stared at her while digging her phone out from her gray purse. Eva was calling. Amber wanted to answer, but did not want to be rude.

She sat back up and looked to her girlfriend. She painted on an apologetic look as she held up her phone. "It's Eva..."

Luna only stared at her with her pink eyes twinkling.

Since she hadn't really told Amber no, Amber answered the call. "Eva?"

"Amber! Hey; you busy?" Eva's voice chimed through the speaker.

"Uh...kinda. What's up?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother. I'll call back later."

Amber's curiosity took over. "No, no, what is it?"

"I wanted to call to invite you and Luna to spend some time at the house. We all miss you two over here, you know."

Amber found herself shocked. She didn't know why, but she just had not expected this. Luna had caught her surprise and eyed her quizzically.

"I...I'd like that, Eva. I'll talk to Luna about it," she finally replied, keeping her eyes on Luna.

"Alright, cool! I'll let you go now since you're busy."

Amber smiled against the phone. She missed Eva. "Okay, bye, dear." 

Luna frowned at this, but Amber ignored her.

"Bye!" Eva chirped and Amber hung up.

Before Luna had the chance to question her, Amber explained.