(41)

Third Person's POV

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

"I didn't think scientists would be useful in this pack, thank god there are pack members who are geniuses" Alpha Mage said, as he passed her the dart like bullet.

"Do you think it will work?" Morgan asked.

"Yup. Though it takes about thirty seconds before it kicks in"

"Okay. So, we have to shoot it beforehand, before we attack" Morgan stated. She winced, imagining how painful it will feel to have this thing sticking in you.

"Your majesty, if there is anymore defense we could come up with, that'll be great"

"I can't think of anymore ways. I was never taught the art of war before. Everything was supposed to be taught to my brother, and now, I'm stuck, with no knowledge of how to do this, except that I have to train, train and train. And my brother is not paying attention, I'm worried. What's gonna happen? Will the whole community die? And then what's next? The vampires too? And then humans?! Oh my god!" She gripped her hair in frustration and groans out loud. Alpha Mage look at her wide-eyed, seeing her sudden outburst.

"Uh... calm down. Your majesty. If you'll excuse me, I need to see my wife"

"Wait! Alpha. Library? Is there a library anywhere in town?"

"There is, but... we have our own library"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay. Boring!" She smacked the book shut and she started to have a mental breakdown, right then and there. Stupid rogues! Stupid everyone! Why do I have to carry the weight of being a leader?! Why?! Why me?! When you think princesses have to sit still and look pretty, not for her.

"Who knew a book about war could be boring, right? I mean, I don't want to know about the past war that has already happened! I want to know what to do! I can't even get the idea! I'm useless to the community! I'm useless to the world! What the hell am I good at?!" She growled to herself.

"Why do I feel so hot?!" She growled once again.

"Why the hell do you think?! It's mating season. The heat is starting!" Neveah growled at her.

"Well, I don't need you to be such a b**ch right now! Thank you very much!"

"I can't help it! Should we just mate and get it over with?!"

"No! If it means we have to go to him first, no way in hell I'm going to open up my legs easily for him" Morgan said, as she fanned her hot face.

"Well, heck, do you know how hard it was for me to avoid Minhyuk this past week? My heat is aching for him and it suddenly has a mind of its own and wanted to jump his bones, do you know how hard I had to resist?"

"This pack house reeks of sex! Everyone is so goddamn hot in here, we don't even need a heater!" Morgan stated. Neveah groans out loud at that.

"Stop babbling nonsense I don't want to hear! Can we just get this heat over with?! We can swim in ice and it would still feel hot!" Neveah growled, making Morgan whine. Minhyuk felt weirded out, watching her from above the shelf at the far corner. She was calm and collected and suddenly she started having a breakdown for no reason. He felt the mark on his neck, feeling warm and sending shivers down his spine. He started to come closer, jumping from shelf to shelf, without her noticing.

"Is it just me, or is it getting hotter?" Neveah asked. Morgan instantly got up and went to take off her jacket, before proceeding to read once again. She felt hotter and hotter by the minute and in the end, she stripped out of her clothes, leaving her in her undergarments and she went to lock the library door. As she focused back to reading, she noticed a familiar scent, her eyes darted towards the door.