Chapter 26

Cheyanne’s POV

December 20- Homemade Exchange

“Christina, please explain what’s going on today. We have a new member into our tradition.” My mom smiles at Chace. I glance at him from across the room while he smiles back at my mom. We haven’t really talked since yesterday. I just want to hit him and demand him if he likes me or not or if that kiss was just out of hand. Guys can have their bad days too and they probably do things that shouldn’t have been done. So what if this kiss was just that? It wasn’t genuine? 

Once I return my attention back to Christina talking, I notice Chace studying me. Oh no, this isn’t good. Like I said before, I think he has a way of reading minds. 

“Everyone has the whole day to finish their homemade product. Remember to craft it by hand and don’t go around finding out what each person is going to make. Be original. I’m sure everyone here is grateful for the effort of putting hard work in making something. Oh! And one more thing. You have to make two things. One to give tonight and one to put under the tree.” Christina points to our gigantic Christmas tree off in the far corner by the window. 

“What if the person cheats? We all know how that will turn out.” Kyle smirks and looks at Chace.

Ummm...

“Well don’t. Have fun making something. You may surprise yourself at the things you can do.” Christina tells Kyle.

“Some people are bound to bend rules on their behalf.”  Carter speaks up right next to me. Hannah shoots him a glare and I shoot a look at Zack. Zack just stares right back at me wanting to laugh. Seriously? 

“Well ain’t this going to be fun!” Belle grabs her stuff into the kitchen where my mom and grandma are at.

“Speak right. It’s ‘isn’t’ not ‘ain’t’.” Mia walks towards the materials she has set up in the living room. 

Chace doesn’t say anything. I don’t get why he isn’t since he usually likes to fight back. He’s standing there biting his lower lip with his arms crossed in front of him. 

“Anyways, let’s get to it!” Christina jumps off the counter and everyone starts piling out of the house to get whatever they need to get. 

“Are you riding with us?” Zack asks Hannah and I.

“I haven’t talked to you in the longest.” I try to punch him in the arm, but he puts his hands out in front of him for me to reach.

“Yeah, you missed out on a lot. He’s in a band, plays the drums, can’t you tell by the muscles he’s gaining in his arms? Oh, he has a girlfriend and I’ve already met her. He’s also planning to get a tattoo.” Hannah smiles like it’s no huge deal while my mouth hangs wide. What the actual fuck!

“Wait, how-”

“I’m getting a tattoo right here, right by my side.” Zack points at his hip.

“But-” Where was I? Oh right, being off crazy about my first kiss.  

“We’re joking!” Hannah and Zack burst in laughter. These little.. “I’m sorry, but your reaction is hilarious!” 

“I hate you both!” I glare at them while they pout at me. 

“Why are you hating everyone these days?” I turn around and face a smirking Chace. 

“We gotta go.” Hannah whispers in my ear. “Oh, and I know.” She winks at me and pulls Zack out the door.

She knows? Knows what? Hold on a second...