Chapter 23

A/N: I can't believe I actually found time to write this chapter with exams less than five days! I am FREAKING OUT! D: Writing actually calmed me down for a few hours, so that was the only fun thing so far in my life. School is so great!

Who am I kidding? -.- 

Anyways, enjoy! 

Cheyanne’s POV

My family and I have a tradition every year which is completing a long list of things to do together before Christmas Day is over. As my parents have told me, they started this list since Christina was born. My grandparents were the influence of this jolly spirited list. Here’s how it goes:  

December 18 (today)-Santa Pictures and Gingerbread House

December 19- Helping the less fortunate/Donations

December 20- Homemade Exchange

December 21- Hands and Lips Mural 

December 22- The Gift of Christmas Performance

December 23- Ice Skating rink and Drive by

Christmas Eve- Secret Santa Gathering

Even though this list is meant for just my family, we have extended to anyone who cares to join along such as my friends. They enjoy it as mush as I do and it brings us closer each year. The memories that I have created because of this list have been wonderful and not once have I grew tired of doing it.

After we work our way completing the list, when Christmas day is finally here, my family and I take our crazy pajama picture, open presents, and eat breakfast. Basically after that, we can do our own thing and at night, we have a Christmas movie marathon. The day is meant as a relaxation day after all the things checked off the list.

I run down the stairs and find the living room and kitchen filled with commotion. Austin and Troy are wrestling and messing around. Miles is keeping Mia company with a word search. He looks so adorable with that confused expression, I just want to grab him and have him wrap his arms around me. Belle runs down the stairs and pushes me down from the last step. I was about to yell at her, but she shouts an apology. Christina is sitting on the couch talking to Kyle. My mom is multitasking in the kitchen. The house phone and her cell phone on the counter ring at the same time. She looks at me and points at the house phone for me to answer. The doorbell rings and I opted to go answer it rather than the phone. I’m not that great answering phone calls and getting the message, so I toss the phone to Christina to answer it. She glances at me rudely since I interrupted her in the middle of her sentence. I blow a kiss at her while Kyle chuckles at the gesture.

I look through the peephole to see who is at the other side of the door. Not just one person stands on the other side, it’s my awesome friends. I yank the door open and Hannah squeals. 

“I miss you!” Hannah pulls me into a hug and for a second I loose my breath.

“Hannah-” I try to get the words out. “It’s only been a day.” Can hugs kill you? She backs away and laughs.

“No, I mean I’ve missed you being back and alive! You acted and looked dead during finals.”  My mouth hangs wide open and Zack brings me to his arms. I ‘acted’ dead? So she means I just sat there motionless with my eyes closed? Well...

“What she means is...we’re happy to see you and-”

“WINTER BREAK IS HERE!” Carter flashes his smile at me and makes his way inside the house towards my brother and his friends. 

“Okay okay, I’ve missed you guys both.” I pull Zack and Hannah into a hug. Zack walks in while Hannah and I slowly make our way in with a quick catch up conversation.