Chapter 6

Cheyanne’s POV

I wanted to start high school in a right direction. I didn’t want people to remember how I looked or how I acted in middle school. Over the summer, I reflected on what I did and realized I was damaging my life by being closed off.  I worked my butt off to have a “perfect body”. When I enter high school, I wanted to feel confident. In order to achieve that, I needed to feel comfortable in my own skin. 

Christina and Austin introduced me to our high school my freshman year. To be honest, I was terrified of the people who were two to three years older than me. They’ve been in high school longer than me, so they know who to pick on. Luckily, having siblings who were active in sports made me become somewhat known. Christina, who was a junior at that time, was head of the dance team and a cheerleader while Austin was quarterback for football his senior year. I felt special knowing they were there for me and would teach me all that I needed to know.

So I tried out for volleyball and dance my freshman year and I am very glad, to this day, to have done it. Hannah and I made the team and we were ecstatic. We played hard, fighting our way to the volleyball team. About twenty-five girls tried out and only nine made it in, three were back-ups. All the hard work in the summer, running day and night, muscle building and toning, made it worth it in the end.

Here I am now, a junior, loving everything that I do, working hard in school, and living my life to the fullest. I changed, completely rejuvenated with a new mind set and outlook. I have to thank my family and all my friends for putting me where I am today.  They stood by my side and made me happy. It was all I wanted. 

The dance studio was located near the football stadium and it was quite big, three times the size of an average classroom. There are twenty-one girls in our school dance team, mostly made up girls from my class. There was only about five girls who were either freshman or sophomore in the team. When Christina graduated high school, she needed to choose a leader for the dance team, and she picked me. I know what your are thinking, she’s your sister, of course she would. No, that is simply not true. Even though we are siblings, she takes dancing serious. She needs a person with experience, shows team leadership, and is responsible. 

There was a bunch of girls she could of choose from, but none who took it seriously enough and put their passion into it. Hannah, she was rooting for me. She didn’t want to become leader. All of us went to our family-owned restaurant/café, yes we own one, my grandparents are the owners, where Christina announced that I was leader from now on and everyone agreed surprisingly. I was quite thrilled, but I knew it will be a challenge. I wasn’t sure if I was a team leader. We celebrated for my new position and the overall dance competitions we won that year. 

After two hours of rehearsal in the dance studio, I was ready to get home. I didn’t bother on putting a shirt on,  just sweat pants with my Nike sports bra I had on earlier from volleyball practice. 

“Hey Chey, text me our homework assignment for Mrs. Jones when you get home. I forgot to write it down.” I looked at Hannah who was currently putting her hair into a messy bun. 

“We had Health homework?” I basically fall asleep in that class, I don’t care about nutrition facts or types of fun activities to do that is great for our core. Been there, done that, don’t want to be reminded. 

“Really Chey?” Hannah looks at me with a serious face. “How do you even have an A? I don’t get it.” 

“Me neither, but I believe you can ask Saige for it. She has Health for third period.” 

“Fine, I guess. Text me later though.” 

“Miss me already?” I make a silly face at her, only to have her playfully smack me in the arm.