Chapter 14

Cheyanne’s POV

“You haven’t changed man, personality wise. However you look buffer.” The guy in front of me gives a crooked smile to Chace and Chace rolls his eyes in return. Something is up between them and I’m afraid to know. The guy has an attractive smile, like the ones from a Colgate commercial, all pearly white and straight. Chace has the same, but he hardly smiles with his teeth. Any guy that is friends with Austin is hot. The few years that they’re older than me is an extra bonus, but they have to be mature to grab my interest to talk to them.

“Hey baby sis.” Austin stands up from his chair and I do the same. We hug each other from across the table and I can sense the guys looking at us. 

“How’s life?” I slowly break away from the hug and sit back down. I dare not to look at anyone besides Austin because I know I’ll blush easily. Heck! I wonder how my face looks right now!

“Eh, it’s alright. How about you?” 

“Uh, the same.”  My eyes quickly dart to Chace who’s staring back. “Maybe frequent headaches here and there.” 

“Why’s that?” Austin looks so concerned, I just wanna tackle him with a huge hug! 

“I think I know why.” The guy, who I have not been introduced yet, winks at me and I politely  smile back. “It’s because of-” The table shakes and all you hear is a thump on the floor. The guy bites his bottom lip and makes a fist. I guess Chace stepped on him to shut him up. Typical move.

Austin looks at them weirdly, Troy snickers, and Miles just shakes his head. Troy and Miles have been best friends with Austin since birth. Okay, I mean since kindergarten. I had a tiny crush on Miles when I was younger. The crush turned bigger when I entered high school. He’s so darn cute and really nice! Austin knows I like him, but Miles has a girlfriend. I was crushed when I found out, but they look so perfect together.  After he graduated high school and went into the army, my crush on him slowly faded away. The last time I saw him was when he came over to play video games with Austin this summer. Now that I see him, six months later, right in front of me, it’s returning. My feelings for him always returns when I see him damn it!

The waiter goes around taking everyone’s orders. The waiter is a family friend and he’s been working in this restaurant for ten years now. He has to be around his forties now. His name is Francesco, an Italian name, but I call him Fran and he’s okay with it. 

“Aye, here is the beautiful Cheyanne! How may I help you dear.” Fran joyfully asks with his thick accent. He doesn’t even need a pen and paper to write down orders. Fran has the best memory I know of.

I grin at him. He’s such a happy man, I love it. “The regular please.”

“Good choice Cheyanne.” He grabs his bell in his apron and shakes it. “Everybody, if I can have you’re attention. This beautiful lady here today has requested  a special, secret order. An order that was created just for her by...?”

I blink back my watery eyes before looking up. “My father Joe Edwards Leighton.” Fran blows his whistle.

“To Joe!” He yells.

“Hoorah!” Everyone, except Chace and the guy who I don’t know the name of, at the table chants. 

Fran waves, telling us he’ll be back with appetizers. Everyone starts chatting, getting into their own conversation once again. I just stare at the table, reminiscing the times with my father. Our favorite meal has been and will ever be steak with homemade mash potato and bread.  A hand covers mine and gently squeezes it. I look up to see Chace looking at me. I don’t know what he’s thinking, but I sure don’t want his damn pity. 

Without the LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara