Chapter 10

A/N: Heyyy everyone! Just to give a heads up, I used lyrics of the song "1,2 Step" by Ciara in this chapter when Cheyanne and the dance team are in practice. It's a older song, but I still think it's a classic! So when you get to that part (which is italicized) don't hesitate to stop, and play it! I included it on the side. It will be 10x better when reading it (even though I used just the beginning of the song) ;D Well, enough of this! Enjoy! xox

Cheyanne’s POV

Who would of thought Chace would want to be nicer to me? I don’t know a thing about him and if I judged him harshly then I would be hypocrite. I’m not putting my guard down, he doesn’t deserve my kindness. 

“What do you want me to do?” 

“Let’s forget us hating each other and do the reading assignment as smooth as it can be.” 

“That’s it, right?”

“That’s all.” 

I don’t want to mess my grade up. Junior year is tough as hell and I can’t slip on one assignment. Why do I have to be paired with him? 

“Fine. YOU have to do your part and not slack off. I don’t give a damn if you’re busy to read it, this is a partner assignment and you have to take part of it.” 

“Fine.” He crosses his arms in front of him. “Can we start on it today? I’ve read five chapters already.” Duh fuck? How did he read that quick? I’m on chapter eight, still ahead, but I did not expect him to read it.

“Um, sure.” 

“Your place though.” Hell to the no! 

Shoot! I have the game to go to and the party at Paul’s house. 

“Wait, never mind. I have plans.” 

“I’m not going to damage your house or steal anything.” He stuffs his hands into his pocket and rolls his eyes.

“No. It’s not that.” What the hell? Stealing was the last thing I would accuse him of. Would he? “I do have plans. I have dance practice, the football game to go to, and a party afterwards. If I put another thing onto my list, it would be very late and I would be tired to do anything. Especially reading.” I read when I have full energy and when I am completely focused. The Fault in Our Stars is a book you want to enjoy each chapter because it doesn’t last long. 

“Fuck. Fine.” He kicks a near rock on the ground and faces away from me.

“Watch your language. It’s not polite to talk to a girl like that.” I cross my arms and look around. Lunch is going to end soon. Man, I didn’t even eat!

“Whatever. Do you have time tomorrow?” 

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Then it’s settled. See you then.” He starts walking away from me, but I grab him by his shirt. It lifted up slightly, but I made sure I didn’t stare.

“What about my lunch?” I want food and he was the one who made me drop it in the cafeteria. 

“What about it? What am I suppose to do?” 

“You made me drop it! And I’m hungry!”

“I paid for it, so I don’t see why you’re complaining.” He looks at me, slightly annoyed. It’s true, he did pay and I’m wasting his time and my time. 

“Okay then, I’m not going to pay you back. But there’s one thing I want you not to do, are you listening?”

“Yes, I’m listening! Hurry the damn up.” He looks toward the parking lot, clearly needing to get over there where his friends are standing.