Chapter 2

Cheyanne’s POV

I am pretty lucky that my sisters’s school is only five minutes away from my high school. Entering into the parking lot, I scan at the piles of students chattering. My school is sadly the typical high school type of how most books describe them to be. You have all the usual “cliques”. Football players, cheerleaders, every other sport groups and clubs, the Nerds, the Sluts, and lastly the “bad influence, I don’t give a shit” group. Now, don’t look at my school as going to a death zone. There are decent people around here despite the numerous cliques. I know what you are thinking. You’re one of the popular, well-liked, beautiful, intelligent, athletic, perfect life girl. HA, no fucking way. There are so much people who don’t know me, I think. I stay away from the crowd, of being known, and keep reserved to my group of friends I have made these past three years of high school. There is a small percentage of people you can trust nowadays. 

I turn my head last minute and step on my breaks pretty hard, earning a loud beep behind my car. Shit. 

It takes me a couple of seconds to get myself together. I panic and get anxiety quickly, especially in a close death experience. I open my eyes after my deep breathing method and see a tall, muscular guy standing a few feet away from the front of my car. By his face expression, he looks pissed. Really pissed. Taking a double take on this male, I noticed how hot he is. He has a defined jaw, set and stoned. His hair is brown and shaggy. It’s a bit messed up, making him more attractive. His eyes though! Oh my lord, it looks like sea blue.. green...blue?

Now is not the time Cheyanne to check him out. You practically almost killed him! A fucking hot one at that!

Someone knocks on my window and I nearly jumped out of my seat. I turn to see Zachary, Zack for short, one of my best friends, with a concerned expression. I roll down my window to hear him speak.

“You alright Chey?” We’ve been friends since elementary. He lives a block away from me as well. He is so adorable when he worries about me. Now don’t get the wrong idea, I don’t  have feelings for him that makes me want to be more than friends. I love him, but as a family member.

“Um..yeah. I wasn’t paying attention. Were you the one who beeped behind me?”

“Clearly. You almost hit a person with your car! What did I say about killing people!? And to answer your question, it’s a yes.” He smirks at me. Jerk

“Well, we better get going and park our babies. The bell is gonna ring any minute now.” With that, he pats my car and heads back to his own. 

To my surprise, the guy that I was about to kill a few seconds ago is gone. Who is he? Transferred student in the middle of first semester?  

I grab my stuff and jog to where Zack is holding the door open for me. “Thanks. That was a close one.” Looking down at my hands, I notice they are shaking. I can't believe what I almost did.

We walk towards our first class, which I really am happy that Zack is in it too, so I wouldn’t be late by myself. Selfish, I know. What kind of person am I? When we walk in, Mrs. Clemente, our English-Literature AP teacher, is on the phone facing the other direction to where our desks are, so we are practically off the hook.

I sit in the back of thirty-two desks in the room. The six out of eight seats in the back consists part of my “crew” as you would call it. There’s Zack, Carter, Joseph, Saige, Hannah, and me. I met Carter and Joseph my freshman year in Geometry. We were a trio who had no clue how to solve any problems. They would make jokes about how dumb it was to learn about proofs and knowing the rules for each step. They made me laugh when they knew I had a hard time passing that class. Saige is in my dance team and we have been in it since freshman year. She was one of the few girls who taught me how to dance freely. I can trust her and I know she has my back. Hannah is my bestest friend since like birth! Just kidding. We’ve been friends since elementary since her parents knew mines. We were destined to meet. She stood by my side through thick and thin. She’s my partner in crime, my dork, and just overall like a sister to me. She’s in the dance team, volleyball team, and softball team. That girl got some toned figure, all the boys would fall for her, except she keeps it real and knows how she should be respected. I love her!