Chapter 22

A/N: Hello my dedicated reader! I know I don't update as fast as I can, but I'm trying D: More action will come soon into the story. I don't want to blast it all over the place, so it's steadily coming along. I hope you enjoy the chapter! xox

Cheyanne’s POV

“Cheyanne, why don’t you want any?” Belle holds her cup under the frozen yogurt machine while I push the handle down for her. 

“I don’t have enough cash to buy both.” Isn’t sad that I can’t afford it? I never keep enough cash with me to buy the simplest things. Charge something that’s less than ten dollars is useless. Extra cash is a must, just saying. 

“Share?” Belle, wearing her pink leotard and fluffy white jacket over it, smiles up at me.

I ruffle her messy light brown hair. “You deserve it Belle. Your teacher said you improved and wasn’t messing around like you usually would.” I stick my tongue at her and stop the machine. She runs over to the toppings and being the impatient girl she is, she cuts in front of some stranger. How rude. The guy doesn’t notice, so I stride over to Chace and his sister. 

“Cindy,” Chace huffs in annoyance when Cindy runs away from him to get another flavor of frozen yogurt into her cup. 

“This too!” She tries to jump for the handle, but fails. 

“Having trouble here?” I cross my arms in front of me and smirk at Chace who is moping around. 

“She’s-” Chace points at Cindy who is still jumping. “-annoying.”

“She’s an adorable child.”

“Have you seen her this whole time? She’s been running to each machine and mixing them together.” I look at him weirdly. Is that even good? I think I would try it. Hmmm. “I know. It’s disgusting.” 

“Who cares, just let her.” Chace just stands there with a dead face on and I can’t help but laugh. 

“What?” He snaps his attention back at me and I try to cover my smile by turning around.

“You..your face.” I say, my voice muffled due to covering my mouth. 

“Look at me.” 

You have no idea how much I want to burst out laughing. His face. Oh my. It was an emotionless expression that was funny. I’m not making sense, but it was like you caught someone staring at nothing, almost as if they were hypnotized.

I take a deep breath, holding my laughter in, and look at him. He swipes his hand of frozen yogurt onto my cheek causing me to yelp at how cold it is. 

“You jerk! What was that for?!” I grab a napkin from the nearest table, a table with an older couple who have googly eyes and creepy grins, and wipe my face. Now it’s going to be sticky once it’s dry. 

“That’s what you get for laughing at me.” Chace gives me a devious grin. 

“And you think slapping me with frozen yogurt was okay?!” 

“It wasn’t a slap.” He rolls his eyes at me. 

“Excuse me. Can you two pay for your children’s cup and leave. You’re causing a scene.” We both look at the teenaged girl working behind the counter giving us a glare, especially at me. 

“Aw, honey. You hear that? You’re causing a scene.” Did he just call me honey? Me? I look behind me and notice the people sitting around are staring at us whiling scooping up yogurt into their mouth. I guess we are, but what the hell Chace!