Chapter 4

A/N: Hey everyone! If you read up to this point, thank you so much! Like I said from the previous chapter, I will be introducing Cheyanne's past. So here it is! (Photo of the fire I pictured in mind is on the side)

Enjoy! xox

Cheyanne’s POV

After a small conversation with the guys, Hannah and I needed to go to dance practice. Dance practice is one of the few things I look forward to my day. Let’s start from the beginning. 

My mom was in a dance team her high school years. According to my grandparents and my dad, she was the best in the whole county. My grandpa told me he noticed a passion from my mom since she was little, which was dancing. She would dance everywhere, from the house, grocery store, walking down the street, school. You can go on from there, but the point is, my mom put her heart into dancing. It was weird to me because I could not picture her dancing until I actually first saw her dancing with my dad. I was eight or nine years old around that time. They were in the living room, my mom teaching my dad how to dance. He stumbled a lot and my mom would just start laughing. Despite my dad’s horrible dancing, she continued to dance with him, if you can call it dancing. All they did way sway back and forth, happily in love. I was watching from the staircase and I, too, felt all the passion and love between them.

My parents met in high school, senior year. My mom told me my dad was the typical bad boy, jerk guy. He teased her and my mom told me she hated him. They had a class together in which they had to work together in a lab. My mom begged her teacher to switch her with another person, but her teacher stood her ground. If it weren’t for that lab, they would have never talked or get to know each other. My mom said that even though they were complete opposites, he changed his ways for her. He wanted to be good for her and be with her, and in the end, it all worked out. Cliche how things have its way of working even then. 

Austin, my older brother who is twenty now, was born the first year my mom was in college. A year after, it was my sister Christina. When my parents graduated college, I was born. My dad graduated with a bachelor’s degree in engineering and my mom became a nurse. I asked if it was a hard time dealing with having kids so early in their life, but they said they wouldn’t change a thing. Good thing my grandparents were okay with it, they took good care of Austin and Christina while my parents focused on college. My dad realized after graduating college, he didn’t want to do anything with engineering. He wanted to become a fireman, so he pursued that and became one. When he came home, he looked so happy, happy because he loved his job. Aside from being a fireman, he built our house as well! My grandpa started it, but eventually gave up. Soon my dad took control and created a mansion. I’m not exaggerating, our house was huge. We have six bedrooms, three bathrooms, a separated office, a gym combined with a dance studio, and lastly a swimming pool.

It was a great life for us five. Five years after I was born, Mia was born. It became a party of six. I became a older sister and I did not like it one bit. Mia and I fought over little things. She would cry, blame me, and I was over it. I tried to be “nicer” toward her.

A tragic event happened that replays through my head over and over to this day. My mom was pregnant with her fifth child. Mia was seven, I was twelve, Christina was fourteen, and Austin was fifteen. We were all sitting in the living room, snacking on popcorn watching a movie. After the first half of the movie, the phone started ringing. My mom kissed me on the forehead before she stood up to pick up the phone. Mia was already asleep and I was getting sleepy just looking at her. I was about to drift off to sleep when I heard my mom screaming and crying. I opened my eyes in an instant, watching Austin and Christina running to the other side of the house where the kitchen is at. My mom was on the ground, clenching on the phone. Tears kept on spilling and spilling. I had no clue what was happening, I was frightened. Austin yelled at me to change the t.v. and put it on channel seventeen.