Chapter 8

A/N: Hiii everyone! This chapter is quite different because I experimented in writing through Chace's POV! Let me tell you, it was harder than I thought it would be, but I pulled through! It switches here and there, different views from either Cheyanne or Chace. I hope you guys enjoy! :) xox

Chapter 

Chace’s POV

“Do you have a book in mind?” 

I look at her, surprised she was asking. I thought she would just pick one out and leave me out. Currently, she’s looking at a book which I assume was too awful for her to read because she scrunches her face and puts it back. I laugh at that. That was adorable.

Wait what? 

“Why are you laughing? Is there something on my face?” She feels her face with the back of her hand and I can't help but laugh more. Then she does something I did not expect. She hits me right in the stomach.

Damn, this girl has strength. It kind of turns me on. 

“You’re a jerk you know that.” She walks away and I catch up to her.

“No, I wasn’t laughing at you. I mean I was, but it’s nothing.” She raises her eyebrows at me. 

“Anyways, why don’t we read this?”  I pick up a random book and she starts cracking up.

“What?” I look at the book and read the title, How to be a Great Mother: Tips on breast feeding, teaching your child, cooking recipes, and more! No doubt was I puking in the inside. Why does anyone need to learn this? Oh right, girls getting pregnant early in their teens.

“Can you guys keep quiet down there? You have ten more minutes to check out your books.” Mrs. Clemente nags us.

“What about Holes?” I ask her

“I’ve read it, so no.” She starts searching through the endless row of books. 

“I’ve read it too, but no one needs to know.”

“That’s too easy. Like middle school easy. There’s even a movie for it. I need something else.” This girl is stubborn.

“Then what?”

“I’ve got it!” She picks up a hard-covered, blue book. I look at her and notice a glint of excitement it her eyes. 

“I’ve been dying to read this! So many good reviews! We have to read it!” She bends down to get another copy. I take that time to look at her ass. It’s a great view if anyone is wondering. 

I was too mesmerized by her ass to even notice what she was saying.

“Um, sorry. Didn’t pay attention to what you’re saying.” She throws the book at me and I caught it just in time before it hit my face. 

“We’re reading this,” she holds the book like it was her life, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Got it? Okay, let’s go.” She walks away, but I grab her arm.

“But..”

“But what?”

“Don’t tell me this is a cheesy, romantic, piece of-” 

I couldn’t finish my sentence because she socks me in the stomach once again. Fuck

“What the hell! Why did you hit me?” I rub my stomach in circles.

“Don’t you ever, EVER, judge anything and anyone before you get a chance to know the full story.” She gives me an evil glare and walks away to check out the book.