Chapter 25

A/N: Do people still read these little "author" notes? ._. Well, summer is almost here! At least where I live it seems it's been summer for the past month. It's freaking hot! It's like a life or death situation walking out my house. I'm so close to finishing school and I'm going to do my best on my finals. Anyone who is going through the same thing, I wish you the best of luck in your finals. We'll fight through it together. D: I hope you all enjoy this chapter!(:

Cheyanne’s POV

My lips don’t move because I’m shocked. His lips urges me to follow in pursuit. If I do kiss back, then it means it’s okay and our ‘friendship’ will turn to a different level. Do I want to risk it? Do I want him? My stomach churns and my lips responds to his burning lips of desire. My mind can’t comprehend why I’m kissing him, but I just am. My mind wants to fight him and look for answers, but I disobey it. Maybe there isn’t anything to argue against. I need to let it be. 

I kiss him slowly despite his urgency and harshness. It’s like my lips are unsure whether this is real or not. My hands rake up to his sides making him quiver. His actions become calmer and more in suit to my pace. I break away from the kiss to get air. I open my eyes and come face to face to him looking at me sadly. I look down at his lips feeling flustered and out of place. I always thought Miles would one day take my first kiss, but as of today, Chace did. I don’t know if I like the idea or not, but it happened. 

“Cheyanne” Chace softly says. I don’t think I can look at him anymore, not today. I don’t know how to take it. This is all of a sudden and it makes me nervous to where this could lead. One second I’m straight out pissed at him, but then he surprises me with a kiss. “Please talk to me. Look at me.” 

I shake my head and continue staring at the ground. I don’t know how I feel about him at this point. I definitely wasn’t ready for this, a day where he would kiss me right in front of my house, or ever. He hates me, or at least I thought he did. I do too, but what if part of me never wanted to? What if I did have feelings for him but was too distracted to realize it? Hannah is right. Christina is right. They saw that I was falling for him and it didn’t take me until now to realize he is who I want right now. He makes me feel all kinds of emotions, the good and the bad. He is my breaking point, but comes back and swoops me up. A kiss indeed shows what we can’t say or afraid to say. 

Breath in and breath out Cheyanne. No need to feel nervous around him. 

“I need to go.” I softly push him to the side, but he won’t take it. 

“Aren’t we going together?” He questions with his hands placed on my hips. This isn’t him. This is going too quick. It seems too artificial. 

“I need to think Chace. You can go to donation center in Rock Square, you should know where that is, if you want to.”

“What do you need to think about? Talk to me.” He wraps his arms around me, but I lay my palms on his chest to not fully hug me. I need to go somewhere where I can be alone and just think. A place no one will think I’ll be, like it would be the last resort to come through. A place where I can feel better by just looking at the view and know that no one will come after me in any second. Some people go to their rooms to think, go to the bar, or go to the beach. I, on the other hand, will go to the cliff. The cliff that I’ve found and called it mine. 

I unwrap Chace’s arms around me and he moves aside so that I can enter my car. Once I drive out of the driveway, I look at my side mirrors to find him not watching me leave, but looking at the opposite direction.