30

madison's pov

I have been out of the hospital for about a week now and I was expecting to start up my tutoring sessions again. I got up on one Monday morning, showered, got dressed and gathered my school books. I made my way upstairs to the kitchen table and dropped them into a pile. My mom was at the fridge, putting back the orange juice.

"Oh, Madison. I've cancelled your sessions with Ashton. There's no need to drag all of this up here." She walked over to the table and gathered my books into a neat pile. "I'll bring them back to your room in a little while, ok?"

"Why did you cancel them?" I asked, confused.

"I just figured you wouldn't be up to it. Now, why don't you go watch some TV or read a book or something?" she suggested, running a hand along my face.

I sighed, knowing that I wouldn't win a fight against her. I honestly missed the tutoring sessions, but mainly I thought it was becuase I got to see Ashton. He never once came to see me in the hospital and I had a feeling it had to do with the problems he was having with Calum. I retreated back to my room, my school books in hand to prove a point to my mom and grabbed my phone off my bedside table to text Ashton.

Bring me Taco Bell please? I miss it so much. 

He answered almost immediately. I'm on my way! xx

I made my way back upstairs and found that my mom had left for work. Ashton walked in a half hour later with our normal order from Taco Bell, and he dropped the bag onto the table. "I hope you're hungry, Mads," his voice the bubbly one I was accustomed to. 

I laughed at him. "Today I actually am," I said, digging into the bag. Lately, I didn't have much of an appetite or when I did, I threw up most of what I ate. 

"Are you sure you're supposed to be eating this crap?"

I shrugged, not really sure. "Who cares?" I scarfed down my first taco and was on to my second without taking much of a breath.

"You were hungry," Ash laughed.

"I haven't had this in ages. Can you blame me?"

"Not really," he laughed again. "I missed you Mads," he said, turning the mood serious.

"Then why didn't you come visit me? It's not like it was a secret that I was in the hospital." I chewed my food more slowly now, awaiting his response. 

"I don't know, Maddie. I guess I just..." he trailed off, looking down at his half-eaten taco. 

"Didn't want to run into Calum?" I guessed.

"Yeah, but can you blame me?" his voice rose a little, trying to defend himself. 

"Yeah. Actually I can, Ash. This feud you guys are having is stupid! I hate that I feel like it's partly my fault and Ellie's. You guys are like brothers right? I get that brothers fight, but this is ridiculous. You're making it keep you from visiting me in the hospital. What if I had been so sick that I had actually died then. How horrible would you have felt that you hadn't come and seen me because you were fighting with Calum." I wasn't sure how much sense I was making, but it was worth a shot.

"I know it's stupid," he sighed. "He's just been hanging out with that Michael kid everyday he's not with you or working. I've contemplated talking to him so many times that I've rehearsed saying what I'm going to say in my head." He shook his head to himself. "What if our friendship can't be fixed?"

 I grabbed onto his hand resting on the table. "Of course it can be fixed. You just have to try. Put in the effort and he will too. I hate to say this, but he's going to need you."

"Mads," Ashton started.

"Don't," I shook my head stopping him. "Thanks for being my friend," I told him. "And bringing me Taco Bell."

"No problem. I just wish you were blessed with a different life."

"Eh. It's not so bad," I smiled.

**********

"What did you say to him?" Calum asked me the next night as we layed on my bed. 

"To whom?" I asked innocently.

"Oh, don't act like you didn't do anything," he said, poking me lightly in the side. "What did you say to Ashton to make him talk to me?"

"He talked to you?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Yeah," he said, leaning farther back on the bed and I snuggled into his chest. "He apologized for ignoring me for the past weeks and flipping out on me when I tried to talk to him. He said we shouldn't fight anymore basically and now I guess we're not. I don't know why, but it was simple. That fighting was exhausting. So, what did you tell him?"

I just shrugged, knowing that I couldn't tell Calum that he was going to need Ashton when I was gone. He wasn't going to like that. "Just stuff about you guys being brothers and whatever."

"I don't believe that's all you said, but I'm going to let it go because we aren't fighting anymore and I want tonight to be about us." He turned onto his side so that his face was hovering over mine and I could smell his minty hot breath. 

"I'd like that," I whisper and lift my face to close the space between us. His kiss and his hands roaming my body made me feel on fire and I never wanted him to stop. I pulled up on his shirt and he separated from me so I could fully lift it over his head. I ran my hands along his tan exposed chest. 

"You have too much clothes on," he whispered in my ear as he ran his hand underneath my shirt, causing my heart rate to increase. He lifted it the best he could and I sat up so he could get it the rest of the way off. "So beautiful," Calum breathed as he leaned his head back to mine to kiss me again. He moved his kisses along my jaw and then down my chest. My head went back into the pillows on my bed at this new feeling he was giving me. I lifted up my back so he could reach around and undo my bra. He threw it across the room, causing me to laugh. I reached for the button on his jeans, but he stopped me. 

"What?" I asked.

"Are you sure you're ready?" he breathed heavily.

I nodded. "I want this more than anything, Calum. I want to share this with you and only you." I brought his face back to mine and kissed him, our tongues entertwining. 

"Ok, Madison. I love you, baby." I finished unbuttoning his jeans and he struggled out of them and then he slid down my shorts and underwear. He pressed his forehead to mine before entering me. It was weird and it hurt at first, but after I adjusted it was better and I got lost in the euphoric state I was in and the love between us. After reaching our highs, he collapsed next to me. My chest rose up down with my heavy breathing and my body was sticky with sweat.

"I love you Calum," I whispered, not sure that he could hear me.

But a few moments later, he whispered, "I love you too, Madison," and he brought me close to him, placing a kiss on my forehead.  

 hi guys (: yay for calum and ashton being friends again. please vote and comment. xx zoe