12

"Why would you think I wouldn't like this?" Calum asked, his arms folded behind his head, as he layed back with his eyes closed on my small twin sized bed, his feet hanging over the edge. I propped myself up on my side, gazing at him. He was referring to the music coming from my speakers. 

I shrugged even though he couldn't see. "I don't know. I just didn't really expect it I guess. You seem to be more of a pop kind of guy."

He sat up at this statement. "Me?" he pointed a finger to his chest, raising his eyebrows. I nodded. "That stuffs ok, but this is the stuff I love," he moved to the beat of the Green Day song playing. 

I giggled at his defensiveness and held my hands up. "Ok, sorry. I didn't mean to offend you."

"At least now you know, Madison and don't have the wrong idea of me," he said as he layed back on the bed. I laughed at how giant he was on my small bed. He popped one eye open. "What's so funny?"

"You're just so tall and it's really noticeble on my bed." I pointed to his feet hanging off my bed.

"Well, maybe you're just short." He pulled his feet up, bending his legs at his knees."There, now I don't look so tall." I couldn't help, but laugh again. "You're so giggly today, Madison. I like it." He turned on his side and looked into my eyes. "You're so beautiful," he murmured, leaning closer to me. I thought his voice sounded like melted caramel if melted caramel were to have a sound. 

"I don't think so," I turned so I was facing away from him, which only made him put an arm around me and bury his face in the crook of my neck. 

"Of course you're beautiful," he traced circles on my shoulder before placing light kisses on my neck.

I turned to lay on my back. "Calum?"

"Yes, Madison?" he asked between moving his kisses closer to my mouth. 

"If you...um...don't mind me asking, how am I beautiful?"

Calum stopped kissing me and sighed. "Do you really not see it?"

I bit my lip and shrugged. "I guess I always thought that people view my cancer as something ugly. It took a lot of my hair away and I look sick the majority of the time." I couldn't look Calum in the eyes because I knew he was going to come and say some cliche thing about he thought the cancer brought out the best in me or whatever. That's what my dad always said when I felt bad about myself. I had to look back up though because Calum was being silent for so long. 

"I don't know how to describe it other than you take my breath away, Madison. I know it's cheesy, but it's true. I honestly don't think that your cancer is an ugly thing because you wouldn't be who you are today without it, and I think your short hair suits you. Plus, there are many other things besides your appearance that make you beautiful." His words were much better than I was expecting and I wondered how I even ended up with him. "Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to kissing you." I giggled nervously as he maneuvered our bodies so he was slightly laying on top of me. His lips felt soft against mine at first, but then I deepened the kiss, tangling my fingers in his hair. He moaned my name against my lips and it was the best sound I'd ever heard. His fingers found their way to the hem of my t-shirt and traced underneath it. I shivered at this new feeling, butterflies growing in my stomach. Calum's kisses moved down along my jawline and he asked, "Have you done all of this before, Madison?"

I swallowed and shook my head. I was embarrassed at how inexperienced I was, but I guess I had my cancer and no one wanting to come near me to blame. I mean he wasn't my first kiss, but I hadn't done more than that. 

"There's nothing to be nervous about," his breath hot against my skin. "I'm not going to do anything but kiss you right now." I nodded and pushed my head back against the pillows as he left a mark on my neck. "You're so beautiful, Madison," Calum said and I was finally beginning to feel it. He placed one more kiss against my lips before pulling my body to his. I wanted him to kiss me more, but I liked that he wasn't pushing me to go any farther.

**********

"This is nice," I said two hours later, blinking my eyes open. I was in Calum's arms and I hugged him close, not wanting him to leave.

"Mhmm, but I've gotta head out. Early morning tomorrow. Some of us have school."

I shoved him a little. "It's not my fault, Calum."

"I know. So, I was thinking that it's time I take you on an actual date. Would you like that?"

Inside, I got really excited and nervous. I tried to keep my composure and not show him how excited I really was. "Sounds fun," I replied.

"Ok, I want to keep it a surprise though. I was thinking Saturday since I don't work." He stood up from the bed. 

"It better be worth the wait," I joked, getting on my knees on the bed so I could give him a kiss.

"It's going to be the best first date ever, Madison." He placed a kiss on my nose before gently kissing my lips and then I watched him walk out of my room. 

so this sucks and it's more of a filler than anything, but also kinda cute/coupley? idk i suck at writing these things anyways please vote/comment xx zoe