19

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, struggling to get myself up and ignoring his outstretched hand to help me. 

"Do you not know what this event is for?" He shoved his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans, avoiding eye contact.

"It's a fundraiser for Calum's dad's company. That doesn't explain why you're here, not watching where you're going."

"Why are you being so rude all of a sudden, Madison?" He lifted his eyebrows, taking a step closer to me. I backed up into the wall, not wanting to be any closer to him considering he tried to kiss me the other day.

"I'm just trying to figure why you're here, considering you judged me for being with Calum the other day."

"You might want to do a little research yourself before you judge, ok Madison? And I'm sorry for bumping into you. I hope you're alright," he stroked my cheek with his hand before walking off, his combat boots clomping on the tile with each step. 

I sighed heavily, still leaning up against the wall. Why couldn't he just tell me what he was doing here? I tried thinking of what Calum's dad did for a living and I couldn't. I gave up trying to figure out why Christian was here, and went to look for Calum again. I walked out into the cool night air and found him with his arms crossed over his chest, standing on the edge of the sidewalk. I tried to be sneaky walking up to hiim, but my heels were noisy on the pavement. 

"Were you going to come back inside or stay out here all night?" 

"Maybe I should just take you home," he replied, not turning to face me. 

I sighed and shook my head. "I'm not going to waste this outfit so if you want to stay out here you can and I'll have Ashton bring me home. I don't know what's gotten into you, but I wanted to have a good night and you're kind of ruining it." I wasn't only mad at him and I felt somewhat badly that he didn't know that. Calum didn't respond and still had his back turned to me, so I turned on my heel to go back into the fundraiser. 

"Why did you do it?" His voice was just above a whisper now and he sounded hurt, like I had betrayed him.

I made my way back over to him to find him sitting on the curb with his face in his hands. "Do what?" I asked, having no clue what he was talking about.

"Why did you kiss him? Of all people, Madison?" 

"I didn't kiss anyone, Calum. I don't know what you're talking about," I told him as I sat down next to him.

"He told me you kissed him. Don't lie to me," he spit out. That's when I put it together: Christian rushing inside when he ran into me. He had just come inside after talking to Calum, but he had told him that I kissed him. 

"I'm not the one who's lying, Calum. Will you please look at me and listen?" He dropped his hands down to his lap and turned his head slowly. "Christian and I were friends a long time ago when I was little. He works at my dad's store and I went there the other day. He invited me over to hear him play guitar. He started to lean in to kiss me but I pushed him away. I would never to do anything to jeopardize us, Calum." I started to feel tears coming to eyes at the thought of losing him becuase I knew one day I would be leaving him. I was already doing something that was jeopardizing us, but that was out of my control. 

Calum put his hand over mine. "I'm sorry, Madison. He just got in my head. I should've never believed that prick."

"What happened between you guys? He seemed to get really angry when I told him you were my boyfriend."

He sighed. "I'm not exactly sure. It's kind of an unspoken thing, I guess. He kind of hates the fact that my family has money and judges us for that. He thinks that we're stuck up people without taking the time to get to know us. He thinks I get everything handed to me, but I've worked for everything I have. I don't necessarily hate him, but he doesn't like me so I'm not going to hang around him."

I nodded. "I guess that makes sense. I think you and your family are great people. Especially for taking Ashton in while he gets on his feet. So why is he at the fundraiser anyway?"

"You don't know? I never told you about my dad's company?" I shook my head. "Hmm," he said, frowning a bit. "Well, my dad is the head of a research company for different disorders, mainly for children. Tonight's fundraiser is for Austim."

"His sister," I said under my breath, finally putting it together. 

"Yeah. We invite all of the families in the area that are effected," he explained. 

"Ok, can we go back in and not let Christian ruin any more of the night?" I asked hopefully.

"Yep," he said standing up and pulling me with him. "Like you said, I wouldn't want you to waste that lovely dress." I melted at his compliment and laced my fingers with his. 

"Why don't we find one of those secret spots you were talking about earlier?" I stood on my tiptoes and whipsered into his ear, suddenly in the mood to kiss and touch every inch of him. 

"Are you sure?" he asked and when I nodded, he didn't hesitate to pull into the building and rush down the hallway. I followed close behind him into a small room that looked like a conference room of some sort. Calum went to turn on the light, but I quickly stopped him. I was pressed against the wall and he lifted up my right leg, his hand running up my thigh and inching toward my bum. He kissed my lips softly at first, causing my whole body to ignite but I needed more. I deepened the kiss, feeling a wetness gather in my underwear. I moved my hips against Calum's as he separated his lips from mine. I tilted my head to the side to give him better access to kiss my neck. He left soft kisses all along my neck until finding my sweet spot causing me to moan out his name. He moved his hand to the small of my back, pressing us closer together. All of a sudden I heard the doorknob start to turn and I quickly separated myself from Calum. I pulled my dress down, straigtening it in the process as Calum tried to tuck back in his nice shirt. 

"Dude, there you are!" Ashton said, popping his head into the room. "Your mom is looking all over for you. You guys better get back to the party," he shook his head before closing the door again.

I sighed and collapsed into one of the nearby chairs. "That was close," I sighed. "Why did I suggest that again?" 

Calum leaned down in front of me, kissing me gently on the lips. "Because it was spontaneous and that is something you are not. Now, let's get back to the party, my princess." I smiled up at him, happy with how the night was ending even though we had that little fight in the middle. 

sorry for taking so long to update, but hope you enjoy this chapter (: please vote/comment because it means a lot. and follow if you want to. thank you so much for all of the reads and i love every single one of you <3 xx zoe