16

I was surprised that my dad actually encouraged me to go with Christian. I guess maybe it was because he knew him well and he trusted him, but I wasn't so sure that I wanted to go. His shift ended at 3:00 and I waved goodbye to my dad on the way out as he was checking out a customer. Christian drove a Jeep Wrangler, which I didn't think suited him very well.

"The house isn't too far. Mom shouldn't be home, I don't think. She was gonna take my sister to the park or something this afternoon since it's such a nice day. Did you every meet Megan?" he asked.

I shook my head. "I don't think so."

"Ah, she's a great kid. Mom stays at home with her when she's not in school because of her Autism. I try to help when I can but mom does better with her than me."

I nodded, not really sure what to say. I was thankful when he pulled into his driveway a few moments later. I straightened out my shirt out of nervousness as we walked to the front door and I followed him up to his bedroom.

"We can do this somewhere else if you'd rather. This is just where my guitar is," he let out a shaky laugh.

I took a seat on his unmade bed and shook my head. "No, this is fine."

"You sure? I wasn't expecting to have anyone over," he avoided my gaze. "It's kind of a mess."

"Kinda?" I laughed, gesturing to the piles of clothes covering the floor and the mounds of papers on his desk. At least there wasn't any trash or a horrible smell hovering in the room. I wasn't sure why, but it was a nice change to the neatness of Calum's spotless everything.

Christian rolled his eyes and took a seat in his desk chair, bending over to reach for his guitar. "So, is there a song you want to hear?"

"I didn't know you were to the point of taking requests, but um you can pick. You're the one that's learning."

"Ok, but promise you won't laugh? I just started this one the other day."

I nodded, "Promise."

He looked down, setting up his fingers and started to strum the first chords of Remembering Sunday by All Time Low. I was drawn to the way the way his hair started to fall in front of his eyes and how his fingers moved on the guitar. His voice was soft and gentle when he started to sing and I pulled my knees to my chest. I had no idea that he was going to be this good. Once he finished, he slowly lifted his head to look at me. "It sucked, didn't it?"

"Are you kidding? Christian, that was incredible!" I let my legs fall down off the edge of the bed. "How could you think that sucked?"

He shrugged and set his guitar on top of its case. "I don't know. I guess I never thought of myself as a great singer and I messed up so many times."

"Who cares if you messed up? You were so passionate while you were playing and your voice is amazing."

"Really? You aren't just saying that to make me feel better about myself?"

I laughed. "Maybe only a little."

He stood up from his chair and came to sit next to me on the bed, causing me to suck in a breath. "Well, it worked." He started to lean in closer to me, his lips almost touching mine when I realized what was happening.

"Christian, stop," I pressed my hands against his chest. "What are you doing?"

"I was going to kiss you. Did you not want that? I thought I wasn't the only one that was feeling something here." He straightened himself so he was facing forward and ran a hand through his hair.

I sighed, biting my lip. "I have a boyfriend, Christian. I thought we were just old friends hanging out," I told him, not sure who I was trying to convince.

"You do? Who is it?"

"Calum," I looked at him sideways, wondering why it mattered who I was with.

He let out a sigh. "That Australian guy? Seriously, Madison?"

"You know him?" I asked, trying to stay calm. I didn't know how anyone could have anything against Calum. He was so sweet and caring.

Christian stood up from the bed and paced back and forth in front of me. "I can't believe you'd go out with some rich, pretentious jerk."

My eyes widened at the names he was calling Calum. "How dare you judge my boyfriend when I haven't even spoken to you in seven years!"

"I think this was a bad idea," he said under his breath.

"Yeah. It probably was if you're going to be so judgmental and you didn't even tell me how you know Calum."

"I don't," he sighed, taking a seat in his desk chair and spreading his long legs out in front of him. "He just walks around school in his nice clothes and drives his nice car and goes off to his nurse internship and everyone acts likes he's hot shit because he's Australian."

"So you don't like him because he has an accent and some money?"

"Well when you say it like that it sounds ridiculous."

"Because it is ridiculous! You don't actually know him," I smiled to myself thinking about Calum.

"Alright, Madison. I'm sorry for judging your relationship, but I still don't think I'm gonna like the guy." He rubbed his hands on his thighs before standing up. "I should get you home in time for dinner, but we should do this again yeah?"

"Yeah, maybe," I told him. I couldn't help but think that there was something beyond what Christian was telling me, like he was hiding something that happened between him and Calum.

heyyy(: sorry this took so long to update, I had writers block. Do you think Christian's hiding something? please vote and comment xx zoe