VIII. (8)

Y/N POV.

Y/n:"What?"I asked pressing the breaks making the car jerk a little before it came to a stop. She looked at the road with wide eyes while mines was on her trying to see if I heard correctly.

Hailey'"N-nothing"She stuttered out making me look at her and take a deep breathe.

Y/n:"I heard you Hailey. You heard yourself"I said making her look at me and lick her lips shaking her head.

Hailey:"I just blurted it out, I'm still used to calling you that, that I forgot that we aren't together anymore"She said making me look at her blankly.

She called me baby. I heard it. She heard it. Even god himself heard it. I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss it though, it seemed as if it was almost an instinct to her. I felt fingers go under my chin snapping me out of my thoughts making me shake my head.

Hailey:"You okay? You blanked out a little"She said making me clear my throat and nod.

Y/n:"Yeah, its just that....yeah"I said hearing a honk behind me"Shit!"I mumbled starting the car and driving again.

Hailey:"Y/n, I-"

Y/n:"Its fine, I get it"I said as I drove over to my house"We're not together anymore"I said letting out a deep breathe.

It was silent from there. The drive was silent but I could tell there were questions she wanted to ask since she kept on glancing over at me. I parked my car and walked to her side opening the door for her making her get out and mumble a 'thank you'.

Y/n:"I'll see you later"I said closing the car door making her nod and start walking to her house as I stated walking to mine.

Hailey:"Y/n!"She said making me turn around and look at her"Do you want to come inside? My moms been asking about you....everyone has"She said making me bite my lip.

Y/n:"I dont think it'll be-"

Hailey:"Please, they miss you"She said making me look over at my house and sigh.

Y/n:"Sure"I said and started walking to her side. We walked up to her house making her open the door and walk inside while I stayed out.

Hailey:"What are you doing?"She asked as I stood outside her house door.

Y/n:"Uh standing?"I answered unsurely making her laugh and put her keys down.

Hailey:"You can come inside, its basically like your place anyways"She said making me walk inside and close the door.

Y/n:"Was. We aren't dating anymore"I said making her send me a sad smile. I was about to say something when I heard a familiar voice making me smile.

"Y/n!"I heard making Hailey's dad walk out with her mom Kennya, sister Alaia and Alaia's husband, Alex.

Y/n:"Hey Mr Baldwin"I said smiling at him along with the rest of them.

"I told you to call me Stephen"He said as he pulled me into a hug making me chuckle and hug back"Its been way to long kid! I missed you"He said as he pulled away making me smile.

Y/n:"I could say the same"I said making him smile at me. I faced Hailey's mom and sister making them smile at me.

Kennya:"Oh Y/n/n! How I've missed you!"She said pulling me into a hug making me smile and hug back.

Its been a while since I've seen Hailey's family. Ever since we all stopped talking we all lost contact with each other's parents, but our parents all stayed in contact with each other. She pulled away from the hug making Alaia and Alex pull me into a hug.