Page 21

Cheyenne

Mail day.

"Cheyenne! You got a letter from your mom!!" Alyssa, Bianca and Miriam called at once. Cheyenne grabbed the envelope, sprinting back to her cabin.

"Yes!! Mum finally sent a letter!" Cheyenne squealed happily, opening it at once. She began reading it.

After reading the letter, Cheyenne wiped away the tears of joy in her eyes. Her mother still loved her, even though she's a lesbian. She shouted, jumped and danced around her bunk, hitting the side of it with her hip.

"Ow, ow, ow!" she yelped, clutching the hip in pain. Dai opened the door at that moment. She blinked.

"You 'ight?"

"Bloody hell no!"

"You're adorable when your accent comes out."

Cheyenne froze, her hands still clasped to her hip. "Did you just-" "No! No, no, I didn't!"

Dai's cheeks darkened. "You must've mis-" she was interrupted when Sammie ran in, grabbed a sweater, and bumped both girls on to a bunk. Cheyenne landed on her back. Dai stopped herself by placing both hands beside Cheyenne's head. Both girls diverted their eyes from each other.

"Well, this is awkward..." Dai began. "No kidding," Cheyenne added, "You're hot." Dai flushed, stumbling over words. Cheyenne smiled, looking the taller girl over.

"What the- OH GOD! Please tell me you two weren't making out!" Bianca choked out. The two girls got up quickly.

"No way!" they shouted, flushing. Bianca nodded, crossing her arms. "Fine, but if you, ahem, 'talk'," she put air quotes around talk, "Please lock the door. I don't need to see some things. M'kay?" she said, snatching her jacket and leaving.

"So," Dai began, drawing out the 'o', "You really think I'm hot?" Cheyenne bit her bottom lip, flushing brightly. Nodding, she started to ramble.

"Well, yeah, everyone thinks you're hot. But, I still haven't found my soulmate so I don't exactly know if it's okay to see other people. I kinda wanna wait for that special moment, ya know? So I'm waiting to meet her, I hope they identify as female because I'm a lesb-" she was cut off by Dai kissing her. Cheyenne let out a muffled yelp of shock but kissed back.

Dai was the first to pull back. "Sorry, but I was starting to get tired of waiting. I love you, Cheyenne, I love everything about you." Cheyenne looked at her. Then, she pushed Dai on to a bunk.

"That was for kissing me by surprise, and this," she said, punching her shoulder, hard, "Was for taking so bloody long!"

Dai's eyes widened. "Wait, let me see your wrist." Cheyenne showed her exposed wrist to the Parker girl, puzzled. Dai nodded.

A full heart was coloured in.

And so was hers.

"We're soulmates," both girls whispered, surprise, fear, love and happiness laced in their voices.