Exam Week | V/Taehyung

Character / Genre: Taehyung x reader | College!au, Coffee shop!au, fluff

Word Count: 984

❈❈❈❈

"Caramel Latte for Jaewon," the new part-time barista called out to the packed coffee shop, after placing the freshly brewed cup of coffee on the counter. He then pointed out to the side of the counter where liquid sugar, cream and all needed utensils are placed, when the previously called customer came to retrieve his order.

You were standing behind the counter as well, taking orders from the last customer on the queue. Finally, when it wasn't more than 20 minutes ago when the queue of customers was lining so far to the back almost reaching the entrance door, before you took over the cashier from another part-timer who was overwhelmed with the long line of orders. You scribbled the customer's name on a piece of plastic cup along with the order before handing them to the barista waiting next to you.

You took a deep breath when it was done, breathing in the scent of coffee while looking around at the packed seating area. A sight that only happened on exam weeks, college students from different classes and years, each holding either thick books or printed notes, some reading them privately and others were chatting with each other in heated discussions. No matter what state they were in, there would always be some similarities appearing from their physical traits, whether it was the disheveled hairs, or the visible eye bags, or the blank looking faces, or it could also be the heavy unbalanced footsteps - zombie state, as they called it - anything that would indicate the lack of nights of sleep as they prepare for the long-awaited exam week.

You have only opened this small coffee shop for not more than two years which located within the campus vicinity. But having encountered so many students and long semesters you have gotten used to seeing these events happening.

You were gazing at one corner of the shop where some students were currently bickering at each other, and quickly distracted by the view of someone passing by, riding on a bicycle which you could see clearly moving from the other side of the glass windows. Your gaze followed the figure through the windows until he stopped and parked his bicycle at the front of the shop. You were still looking at him when he came down from it, walking hurriedly towards the glass door, his eyes - oh dear, look at those eye bags vividly showing - looking anywhere else but to his front as his concentration was distracted by the passing students and the earphone attached on his ears.

He was walking so fast that you didn't have the chance to react or shout for a warning, until - BAM!! The loud noise came from him walking right into the closed glass door disrupted all activities going on in the coffee shop, though some students were quick to return back to their study. While you, on the other hand, started to burst into laughter out of shock at seeing what just happened.

Perhaps you didn't realize how tense you were from hours of serving the customers since early in the morning that you just erupted and lost control of your laughter once you saw him hitting the door. You tried your best to tone down the laughter when you saw him walking closer to the counter, with his signature boxy grin and his eyes staring with an amazed look at your expression, while he rubs his pulsing forehead with his hand before messing up his already dishevelled blond hair.

"Did I manage to entertain you with my little faux pas back there?" he asked of you in a teasing tone, lifting his eyebrow.

You tried to stop the laughter quickly by clearing your throat before you were able to answer him, "Oh I am so sorry. I was so shocked, I don't know why I just started laughing." A giggle managed to escape in the end.

"Well, I was totally embarrassed but as long as I can hear that beautiful sound of laughter of yours that I love so much, it kind of makes me happy," he retorted, still in his teasing voice.

"Oh, shut up you," you said, frowning your eyebrows despite the grin that was still showing on your face. "So what would you like to have for today?"

"You know my usual. I'll just have that, thanks."

"Okay then. Hang on a second," you typed down his order on the cashier register and grabbed a regular size plastic cup to scribble the order and name. Iced Americano, tall - Taehyung.

You were so immersed on processing the payment on the cashier that you hadn't noticed he still had his eyes locked towards you, stealing glances and averting them away once in awhile when he felt like you might catch him staring.

"You know, I'm supposed to be upset that you laughed at me earlier."

You looked up to him once you heard what he just said, and immediately he formed his lips to pout as if he was hurt.

"Oh, dear God," you gasped, playing along with his little act. "I am so sorry, Tae. Alright then, I shall make it up to you. Want me to add you for an extra discount?" You winked, this time it was you who was using the teasing act at him.

"I have a better idea. There is a way that you can actually make me feel better."

"Oh, really? And may I know what that is?"

"How about you let me pick you up after you finish work today, so you can accompany me to a nice dinner?"

You smiled at him, "I'll be off work at 7 pm. Is that okay?"

"7 pm it is," he said, a wide boxy grin showing on his face. "You don't mind if we ride that lousy little bicycle, do you?"

"How can I say no to that?"

❈❈❈❈