Untitled #2 | Min Yoongi

(Untitled #2, February 5th, 2018

(Untitled #2, February 5th, 2018. Yoongi.)

It is already dead late in the night, the sky is dark and hollow silence veils the entire apartment when Yoongi walks through the front door. He has a deep upsetting frown as he looks around through the dark space around him, until his eyes find you―curled up on your bed with your face planted sideways over the pillows, the messy blanket entangled around your legs that are folded close to your upper torso as you try to fight off the cold air piercing through your skin.

His frowns are quickly replaced with a pained wide gaze as he looks at you, as he catches the sight of discarded tissues, an empty glass of water and packs of pills on your bedside table. But it is not the startling view that has him rushing to your bed. It is the soft whimpers that come out of your dried lips that calls for him to quickly head over to your side.

"Y/N," he whispers, sitting at the edge of the bed to carefully attend you.

"Yoongi?" your voice comes out as a hoarse hush before your eyes start fluttering open, hazy gaze fighting off the darkness in your bedroom to look at his tired and worried face. "What are you doing here?"

His lips form a tight line as he huffs out a sigh. "You didn't answer my messages or phone calls all day. I was wondering where you were and couldn't stop thinking about you, so I just came." Gnawing his lips in frustration, he only shakes his head with his eyes unwavering from your sight. "I was worried and scared. Why didn't you tell me that you're sick? I would've come earlier."

It takes you a long second before your lips turn into a bitter smile. You want to answer him so badly, but you feel the dread of weight for saying it out loud.
I would have called if only I could.

He releases another sigh as he turns around, his back facing you as he sits there beside you on the bed. "I hate being so far away from you that I never know what's going on with you. I hate not being able to be on your side at times like this."

With the mix of regret and dying longing of his presence, you push yourself off the bed and reach out, wrapping both your arms around him as you embrace him from behind.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm okay, Yoongi," you softly whisper as you lay your cheek on his back. "It makes me so happy to just hear your voice when you're not here, even when you can only call me once each day. Even when you can only call me on the phone not more than five minutes between your schedules. I already feel so happy even when all you can do is send me short text messages, and I never have anything to complain even when you can only read my messages without replying. I can still feel that you care when you take a second to read them, or when you can only think of me each time you are unable to come here that often."

Silence comes between you, as the only thing you hear next with your eyes closed is your own breathing, your own heartbeat as you lay there. A sad smile takes over when you continue to whisper,

"I am happy to be able to feel warm just by thinking of you. The only thing I ever wished for is for you to be real."

Your eyes shoot up as a sobbing voice comes out of you to find yourself all alone, enveloped by the dead silence of your bedroom and the nothingness that serves no warmth to the feverish body of yours as you lay silent on the empty bed.

❈❈❈