Illusions | RM / Namjoon

Drabble game request: Namjoon + Pub! AU | for anon

Character: Kim Namjoon

Genre: Pub!au, Angst

Word count: 1,712 words

❈❈❈

Namjoon taps his fingers on the top of the bar counter, following the beat of the faint sound of music playing on the stage across the room, humming along with the tunes with his eyes staring at the glass in front of him. He grazes the dew that emerges at the sides of the glass with his fingers before lifting it up and down the liquid in one go. He pulls the glass away from his lips, let the cold liquor runs through his throat and release a hiss from the sharp taste. The song that has been playing on the background ends the moment he puts the glass back down, and he joins the other guests as they give soft claps to appreciate the singer on stage before they start the next song.

The pub is pretty quiet tonight, only filled with the usual crowd, the familiar faces that are regulars to the pub. He is also an old regular, although he hasn't been in this place for quite a long time.

Namjoon taps his fingers once more, enjoying the music to distract his anxious mind. Releasing a sigh as he lifts his face and glances at the ceiling.

"She's not here yet?"

He looks forward at the source of the voice and his eyes are met with the pair of eyes of the bartender now standing in front of him, wiping clean glasses before placing them at the back of the counter.

"No," Namjoon sighs, "No sign and no sight of her yet." He takes his phone out of his pocket, staring at the screen for the umpteenth time before placing them next to his empty glass.

"Have you tried calling? She could be stuck in traffic, or something," the bartender said, still busy with the glasses but glancing his eyes at Namjoon as he speaks.

"Five times," Namjoon answered him, tilting his head with a pursed smile. "But when your calls went unanswered and your texts were left to be read but not replied, would it be a proper thing to do the sixth?"

The bartender gives out a smile, nodding his head at the empty glass. "Want me to fill that up for you?"

"Sure," Namjoon nods his head, sliding the glass slowly towards the man behind the counter.

The bartender pours in Namjoon's usual request, rum and coke, while he speaks, "What kind of person is she?"

Namjoon chuckles, "So is that how you start your counselings with your regulars?"

"What do you mean, counselling? I'm just trying to make a friendly conversation," the man answered with a scoff. He returns the newly filled glass to Namjoon. "I don't counsel people, all I do is pour drinks and listen."