Morning Mess | Min Yoongi

You probably should have known

.

.

.

...that breakfast in beds will never be as charming or as appealing as how you have seen them portrayed in the movies you watched, or within the books which you have read before. It may have looked picture perfect when Yoongi carried the wooden tray filled with plates of light meal, the usual delicacy he makes for you in lazy mornings such as this one, and the two cups of coffee on top accompanied by the small vase with a single white peony inside.

But that was thirty minutes ago, before the horrendous mess happens and the continuous surprised shrieks fill the room when each of your clumsy hands―yes, yours and Yoongi's both―knocks of different random things when you try to eat. A loud grunt is audible from Yoongi as he rolls his eyes, utterly annoyed at how ridiculous the situation is.

"Why the hell is it so damn hard to have such a nice morning breakfast?" he complains while lying down, letting you rub the stain of the butter that now marks the front side of his pajama top with a napkin, one that has already been used for the umpteenth time since you have started eating the meal.

"But it was nice, though," you calmly reply to him, leaning forward to leave a soft kiss on his cheek. "That was really sweet of you to make us the delicious breakfast. Thank you."

Yoongi's annoyed pout slowly curls up into a shy smile, yet he covers it by letting out a soft scoff and shyly looks away. The soft gesture has you smiling in awe, and a pleasure to tease, that you keep on leaving him kisses on his cheeks before putting the napkin away and rest your head on his shoulder. He subtly sighs, evidently looking over the tray that has been left nearly empty for you have both finished the meal, despite the following mess that has taken place.

"Yeah, I guess you are right. That was quite nice, wasn't it?" he hums while resting his arm around your shoulder to hold you in a gentle embrace by his side.

"Yes, it was," you answer him, before your eyes start scanning towards the tray, the empty wares, the remnants of stains still evident on both your pajamas, and that huge puddle of coffee botch appearing on the thin blanket that is covering your entangled limbs, causing you to mutter softly― "And I'm pretty sure doing the whole laundry later would be just as nice."

You cannot help but laugh delightfully when Yoongi responds to you with a long exasperated sigh.

❈❈❈