Miranda sat down on the couch smoothing out her skirt before grabbing her notebook from the coffee table in between us.

"So Lennon what brings you here today?" She asks writing something at the top of her notebook.

"My parents." I said telling her the truth.

"Oh so you didn't want to come here? They are forcing you to have therapy."

I shook my head. "No. They aren't forcing me. I'm here to put their minds at easy." That's only thing that I could do to help them move on from this. I was doing this for them not me.

"Oh well that's very mature of you." She smiled and wrote down a few more things with her pen. "Alright so what is it that your wanting to put there minds at easy about?"

What do I say to that? I asked myself. The truth.

"A few two weeks ago I went to the police to report a rape. My parents had no clue it happened and now they are blaming themselves. They all look at me like I'm sick or something. Even my younger sister does. Which that isn't much of a surprise since she's always done that but my parents always thought of me as the perfect child, well my father at least. Now they are being overbearing and I believe it's because they are worried about me." I told her.

She nodded her head and asked her next question. "Do you mind telling me if the man was ever caught?"

"No there wasn't no evidence to charge him." I hated that he never got anything he deserved and that he could be out there right now doing it to another girl.

"Do you believe it's possible that your parents are worried that he's going to do it again and that's why they are acting this way or do you believe that they are being overbearing because they are afraid you'll do something drastic?" She asked.

"Listen I know that it's no secret that depression is a side effect from what I been through but I wouldn't ever kill myself, if that's what your hinting at. I wouldn't do that to my family." I glared at her mad that she would even assume something like that.

She wrote what I said down in her little notebook and I could feel my rage increasing. Why couldn't she just try and be helpful. Writing down what I was saying wasn't going to help reassure my parents I was going to be okay and it sure as hell wasn't going to help me magically get better.

"So you're saying that you believe they are being overbearing because they think he might do it again." She put the back of the pen in her mouth and I hoped she would bite it hard enough that the ink would burst in her mouth.

"I guess so." I said shrugging. This conversation wasn't going to get us anywhere. I couldn't believe my parents wanted to pay for this bullcrap.

"Do you believe he's going to do it again to you?" She asked making direct eye contact with me.

I looked away and gazed out her office window. I could see the street below us and the people walking to the restaurant that was on the first floor of the building. A mother was holding her little girl who was about Dakota's age, walking to the daycare across the street. I watched as the mother handed over the girl to the worker and the girl cried for her mother. The mother gave her a small kiss on her head and hurried off to where her car was. The girl had a smile on her face as she was carried into the building.

"Lennon." She said trying to get my attention.

What wouldn't I do to have my happiness back.

"Yes." I said.

"Do you believe he will?"

"I said yes. Okay." I groaned. I didn't like saying it out loud. Saying everything out loud made it so much more real. I didn't like reality and if I could have it my way I would be in some fictional land waiting for my knight and shining armor to save me from the fiery dragon.