22 || Rowan

For a second I forgot everything that happened to Lennon

For a second I forgot everything that happened to Lennon. I was reaching for the DVD holder and I could feel her breath on mine. For a second everything else disappeared, but the tension between us. My eyes drifted down to her lips. They looked so soft, I was almost compelled to touch them, run my thumb across her skin. Maybe even kiss her. Her face fell and I could see worry lines on her forehead.

"Stop!" She yelled, She was raped you idiot! My brain screamed. I twisted away and my stomach began to ache. I groaned in pain and leaned back against the couch. "See this is exactly why your Mom wanted me here." Her eyes searched me, making sure I was okay.

She looked so serious, like she'd hurt me herself. I wanted to wipe that look off her face. "I wouldn't have done it if you would have just told me what the name of the name of the movie was." I tried to joke, but it came out harsher than I intended.

"I'm s-sorry." She stuttered. "Do you want me to get you some medicine?" She rushed out and jumped up out of her seat. I quickly shook my head and closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to pass.

I felt the couch dip as she sat back down next to me. She twiddled her thumbs but I could see her hands shaking. She took the remote and pressed play, filling the room with the sound of the opening trailers but my eyes were glued on Lennon. It was my fault she was upset, I shook my head at myself. It was stupid of me.

"Lennon I'm sorry." I said quietly and her eyes locked with mine. They were tear filled. I bit my lip, I made her cry...

"No it was my fault." She muttered. I shook my head, telling her no. I carefully moved towards her, looking for any sign of hesitation. There was none. I lifted my hand and wiped away her tears.

"It's okay." I whispered. "Let's watch this horrible movie." A smile pulled at her lips. I wrapped the blanket around her and hung my arm around her shoulder. "Come here..."

"I-I don't want to hurt you." She shook her head.

"You won't, come on. Snuggle in, it's going to be a long day." I nodded and she leaned into me, hesitantly. "Is this okay?"

"Yeah..." I felt her relax into me and I knew she was telling the truth. "Yeah, this is good." She muttered.

"Okay." I smiled to myself.

She watched the screen contently, as a piano began to play. I knew what we were watching, it was The Notebook. My Mom watched it enough times that I began to associate that music with the movie. I'd never watched it all the way through though. Every time she made me sit through it I would fall asleep.

"Have you seen this before?" I asked her.

"Yeah, many times. It's a great movie." I saw her smile out of the corner of my eye. "I love movies."

"Oh, me too." I said slightly flustered by her smile, by her lips.

She pointed to the screen. "Don't you just love Ryan Gosling?"