Adventure #6: Part 3: Kiss And Run

Start from the beginning

"He did that same thing to me!" Dillon said and Jen laughed.

"Charlie told me how you have a policy against people who like grape flavored things." Jen said.

"Yep." I said turning to look at an embarrassed Charlie. "But I think it's time I make an exception. He's not that bad once you get over the whole grape things and that he's related to my arch nemesis."

"Lindsay?" Jen asked knowingly.

"Yep." I said.

"Well it's nice seeing you all and I wish I could stay and chat but I've got guests who I still haven't said hello too. We should all hang out soon and get to know each other better." She said.

"That sounds great." Dexter said.

Jen walked off to greet more of her guests. I like her already.

"Okay well we can all split up now." Dexter said. "Just remember to meet back here at midnight. I don't want anyone getting too drunk and please refrain from embarrassing me."

"No can do." We all said.

"I was afraid of that." Dex said. "Well see ya all later."

Emilie ran away and it took Bobby a few seconds to realize what had happened. When he did though he ran after her.

"You're not going to run off. Are you?" Charlie asked me.

"Not planning too." I said.

"Great." He said and we walked off.

-

"Want to dance?" A guy asked me.

"No thanks." I declined.

The guy walked away and Charlie continued smiling. That has been like the fourteenth guy to ask me. Charlie always waits for me to answer for myself and I always say no. I'm actually enjoying my time here with Charlie just talking. I wasn't planning on ditching him for another guy. I'd seen Emilie around though and she wasn't with Bobby which meant he was still trying to catch her. It was pretty amusing since everyone would have thought I would be the one running around avoiding my brothers, not sweet innocent Emilie.

"Lolly have you seen Em?" Bobby walked over to where Charlie and I were standing. "I found her but then she disappeared faster than I could run over. Seriously that girl run fast for someone in heels and a dress."

I chuckled. "Haven't seen her." I said as I took a sip of my wine and watched Emilie motioned for me to stall him for a few seconds meanwhile she ran. I turned to Charlie who also saw Em. "We haven't right Charlie?"

He smiled. "Nope." He said and drank from his glass of wine.

Bobby gave us a funny look. "Are you lying?" He asked.

I gasped. "Bobby! Why would I lie to you? Don't you think I want the best for my best friend?" I asked seeming offended but you could tell I was playing around.

He rolled his eyes and took my glass of wine. "I think you've had enough of this. You're sassy and annoying when you're drunk." He said. "We don't need a sassy Lolly and lost Emilie tonight. Who knows what the two of you will do if paired together."

I giggled and Charlie smiled. Emilie ran out of this room and to the next one.

"See ya two later." Bobby said walking away to try and find my boy crazy best friend. Good luck my dear brother, you're going to need it.

"He took my wine." I pouted when I realized he never gave it back.

Charlie chuckled and put his glass down on a table. "Come on lets go to the other room and dance." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me along.