“I don’t know,” he replied shrugging his shoulders “I don’t care.”

“Liar.” I chuckled. I was happy to know he cared for her. I mean, Jason was a good boy. Even though, he had his player’s moments a few times, he didn’t lie to the girls. He let them know how things were going to be from the beginning. I think that was pretty fair, the girls knew what they were getting themselves into. He didn’t act like he wanted something serious to get them on his bed. That was Shane’s modus operandi. I was sure he’d lied to Melissa; heck he even lied to me to get me to help him with her. He broke hearts easily without looking back.

Thinking of the devil…

Shane Mason, better known as the Antichips or Jerkpid, made his way through the cafeteria. He walked like he owned the place and everyone in it. He was wearing blue jeans and a dark sweater with a blue t-shirt underneath, it made his skin look paler than usual. Every girl in the room-including me- was staring at him. Most of the girls gazed at him dreamily whilst others were glaring at him. He probably broke their hearts. I prayed to God for him not to see me. He stopped in front of a table filled with guys. I looked back at my food and started eating.

Thank you, God.

“Jones,” Shane’s voice sounded right behind me.

I celebrated too soon.

I felt his hands on my shoulder; he squeezed them gently “You came back.”

“No, I’m a hologram.” I replied sarcastically. Jason snickered. Shane let go of my shoulders and sat next to me.

“Sarcasm doesn’t suit you, Jones.” I looked at him and instantly regretted it. We were way too close for my liking. Besides, Shane was looking hot today. I swallowed hard and he smirked knowingly. He could be a heartless jerk but he sure knew how hot he was “Close your mouth, babe. No need to drool in public,” I glared at him and straightened in my seat to look at Jason, but I only found an empty seat.

“Where’s Jason?” I asked frowning.

“He left when you started drooling over me,”

“I wasn’t-Ah, never mind.” I took a sip of my strawberry’s juice. It was then I remembered Shane knew about wattpad and Evan “How do you know about wattpad?” I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, Shane tensed up.

“What are you talking about?”

“Last week, when you asked me about Evan … you said ‘That’s the guy from wattpad, isn’t he?’” I fully looked at him this time. Shane shifted on his seat.

“Hum, I said that?” I nodded “Well, let’s just say Laura is not good keeping secrets when she’s with Jordan.” My jaw almost dropped to the floor.

“She told you?” I asked shocked.

“Yeah,” Shane mumbled and got off the chair “I gotta go now. See you around.” Ok, that was just weird. I was left alone just like that. I’d always thought it was kind of depressing to eat alone, it seemed like my friends didn’t think the same way.

Way to go, guys!

 **

After eating –more like devouring- my food, I stared at my glass of Strawberry’s juice.

Mrs. Strawberry…

Evan…

The only thought of him made my stomach flutter. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Everything reminded me of him, even the glass of strawberry juice I had in front of me. How could something so simple remind me of him? My phone buzzed in my pocket snapping me out of my thoughts. I quickly checked it. It was a text from Evan. Yeah, I finally got his number. I touched my phone’s screen to open the text.