“Can you just not say that word, please?” I pleaded holding the brick of my nose between my index and my thumb.

“What? Screwing?”

“Oh God!”

“Oh come on, you’re seventeen. You can say bad words, you know.”

“Jason, focus!” I poked his forehead.

“Stop hitting me!”

“Then stop changing the subject” I shot back annoyed. Jason sighed.

“What do you want me to do?”

“She and Evan have been through enough. I just hope she doesn’t get hurt because of you.”

“What would she? Listen,” Jason started seriously “We both know what we’re doing. It’s not like I lied to her to get her on my bed. She knows how this works.”

“I’m sorry but I don’t believe in that ‘Friends with benefits’ thing. I mean, haven’t you watched the movie? Haven’t you read the statistics? One of you is going to get attached and most of times; it’s the girl who gets attached.”

“Since when do you read statistics?”

“Since I got sick and spent a week doing nothing in my house but that’s not the point.” I lied shamelessly. Truth was, I actually did some research about the Friend with benefits thing since that day we watched the movie. I had the hope that could work with Evan. Yeah, I know that’s lame but hey it was not easy to control this urge I had to kiss him.

“Jules, I…” Jason trailed off running his fingers through his hair “She’s cool with this. I know she is.”

“Really?” I narrowed my eyes at him. Jason looked away nervously “What are you hiding from me?”

“Nothing.” He scratched his ear.

“You’re omitting something.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes, you just scratched your ear. You do that when you lie.” I accused him.

“Arg!” Jason growled “Sometimes, I hate you for knowing me so much.”

“So? What is it?” he hesitated for a moment “Come on, spit it out.”

“Well, it’s probably nothing…”

“Spit it out, Jason.”

“The other day we were doing it in my car and-“

“Oh my God! Seriously? Your car? I’m so not getting in that car again.” Jason gave me a killer look “Sorry, sorry, continue.”

“I was on top, it felt so good-“

“Ok, you can skip the details.” I scrunched my nose in disgust.

“The thing is, I looked down at her and we locked gazes for a moment. I felt something, I’m not sure. There was something in her eyes that caught me and somehow that made everything more intense.” I couldn’t help grinning at him.

“You’re sooooo falling for her.” I teased excited.

“What? No! I’m not looking for anything serious right now and you know it.”

“Alright, just answer me this,” I couldn’t remove the big grin from my face as I spoke “are you seeing someone else?”

“No,”

“So you’re exclusive?”

“I guess so.”

“Is she seeing someone else?” I asked watching his reaction. He pressed his lips together as his jaw clenched. Oh boy, he was so into that girl.