Chapter 33

Enid's POV:

"What?!" I could not help but shout at Ethan. "Why would you do that?!"

He looked a little terrified as it was the first time that I had raised my voice at him.

"I-I, I wasn't thinking. I just hated how she had been acting all these time." His face twisted in disgust.

"Now you know why Enid didn't tell you about our plan." Will interjected.

"When had it become your plan?" Sam raised an eyebrow at Will. He shrinked down.

"Look." I sighed out. "Tell me what really happened? What did you say to her?"

Ethan started fidgeting with his fingers. "Well, I may have somehow gave her hint that you know her truth."

"What?! When? Why?" I was baffled at his stupidity. "The doctor hasn't confessed yet that it was all Dri's plan! Are you stupid?"

"I wasn't thinking, okay? I watched her being all cheerful and fake and..." he let out a sigh.

"You should've just hold your tongue for a little longer, man. We missed the appointment for you. If you hadn't called, we could..." Will was far from help and I glared at him.

Then, I took a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down. There was no point in arguing right now.

"Go home." I told them and headed for my room.

"Enid," Ethan called, "I'm really sorry, bro."

I sighed and looked at him, seeing his still innocent face that reminded me of our childhood. "It's okay. Good night." I told them.

"Enid," Sam called as I was about to get out of Ethan's room. "What're we gonna do now?"

"I don't know." I really did not. "We'll see what happens tomorrow."

That was my last sentence as I finally left Ethan's room and went into mine. I threw my bag on the desk and myself on my bed. Burying myself deep into the pillow, I tried to breath deeply, almost suffocating myself to death.

What could be the next scenario? What would Dri do? I never heard what Ethan actually told Dri.

Hopefully, not much. Hopefully, she would get the indication and let Aiden go. Hopefully, Aiden would be happy to know that he was free finally and not angry at me that I had kept it from him, but he could be so stubborn sometimes that it scared me.

My half of the night was spent worrying about Dri's next plan and other half was filled with Aiden.

By the time it was barely morning, I was tired and I knew my brain was not with me fully when I put shaving cream instead of toothpaste on my toothbrush.

When I came out of the bathroom, my phone was already ringing. At first I thought it was definitely Aiden, but it was not. It was Dri.

My heart rate sped up as my finger hovered over the green button. Finally, taking a deep breath, I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked tentatively.

"Hey, Enid. Listen, I have some problem with my chemistry, so, can we meet before the class and say, you help me?" She sounded as usual, just as she always had been, too sweet.

"Wow, Dri, that's a surprise. You're asking me for your homework. Isn't Aiden your tutor?" I asked.

"Yeah, well, he said he couldn't and you're very in Chemistry. So, I thought, why not?" She replied.

"Right. Why not? Sure. Meet me in the Music room, then. No one's gonna be there before lunch anyway." I said as a plan formed in my head.

'The shower did clear my mind a little bit.' I thought to myself.

Loving My Best FriendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara